• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
intel has the better value cpus at the moment.

They are, 10600K is £210, that's a really good price for that CPU, Intel have had to price it like that to sell it, on the same retailer the 5600X is £360, which is price gouged, MSRP on that is £280, yet its still outselling the 10600K at £360 vs £210.

The £80 price hike over MSRP is not AMD's fault, they don't control those prices and they don't benefit from it.

Intel are the budget brand now, They are having to sell at rock bottom prices just to shift them in numbers that matter, but AMD are still selling more, why should AMD follow Intel in to practically giving their CPU's away when they sell everything they make?

AMD's MSRP pricing isn't unreasonable, its not as if they are selling 4 core 8 thread CPU's for £330 is it? I don't agree AMD should practically give their CPU's away because Intel can't sell them any other way.

PS: Lovi'n my 5800X, what an absolute unit! Chews through Unreal Engine light baking like its biscuits. :p

Last edited:

smr

smr

Soldato
No worries. For what it's worth I don't think prices will go down much this year. But I am absolutely determined not to buy at prices I find frankly offensive :p

When Covid is a memory and demand tends back to normal, perhaps things will get better.

I hate the idea that just to get parity with a console, the current cost of a desktop PC is way above £1k. Heck, your CPU and mobo alone are more than the entire console cost. It's ridiculous.

OTOH I'm aware that many people think nothing of buying a £1k iPhone. They are not me tho :p

That's how it's always been though right? I remember when my mate got a Dreamcast, or whichever console, and the gfx were better than my PC at the time, even though the mobo, gfx and cpu were more expensive, but soon after the consoles get left behind because no upgradability.

It's also just a premium we pay for flexibility and the ability to endlessly customise / upgrade etc.

Caporegime
They are, 10600K is £210, that's a really good price for that CPU, Intel have had to price it like that to sell it, on the same retailer the 5600X is £360, which is price gouged, MSRP on that is £280, yet its still outselling the 10600K at £360 vs £210.

The £80 price hike over MSRP is not AMD's fault, they don't control those prices and they don't benefit from it.

Intel are the budget brand now, They are having to sell at rock bottom prices just to shift them in numbers that matter, but AMD are still selling more, why should AMD follow Intel in to practically giving their CPU's away when they sell everything they make?

AMD's MSRP pricing isn't unreasonable, its not as if they are selling 4 core 8 thread CPU's for £330 is it? I don't agree AMD should practically give their CPU's away because Intel can't sell them any other way.

PS: Lovi'n my 5800X, what an absolute unit! Chews through Unreal Engine light baking like its biscuits. :p
Oh don't be ridiculous.

They were making decent profit selling the 3600 at £200, even before the price sank to £150.

The idea that selling a 5600X for less than £280 is "giving it away" is wholly absurd. It's on the same process node which is now extremely mature.

Or maybe you think that an 8 core for less that £400 is "free" too? Funny idea of money you have.

I suspect you don't want to see prices fall, having already bought in at the higher prices.

Caporegime
Lets see what AMD do to respond with pricing once the 11th Gen SKU's are officially announced, I'd imagine you'll see the appearance of the lower end SKU's that people think aren't going to appear, and the prices will be suitably competitive.
In fairness to people who think that, AMD have themselves said they have no plans to expand the Zen3 Ryzen 5000 range.

AFAIK, they're not allowed to blatantly lie about things like that due to being a publicly traded company.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Wow.. so no EPYC, no Threadripper and no more desktop APU's with Zen3 cores.

You really like to try hard. :rolleyes:
I'm sure you know exactly what I was talking about. Not TR, not Epyc... consumer-grade Zen3 CPUs like we were all talking about.

If you like I'll edit the post to make it clear we're talking about Ryzen (not that anyone but you was confused).

Caporegime
Oh don't be ridiculous.

They were making decent profit selling the 3600 at £200, even before the price sank to £150.

The idea that selling a 5600X for less than £280 is "giving it away" is wholly absurd. It's on the same process node which is now extremely mature.

Or maybe you think that an 8 core for less that £400 is "free" too? Funny idea of money you have.

I suspect you don't want to see prices fall, having already bought in at the higher prices.

The 3600 is available for £173 on the same site, besides that you missed the point, AMD are not giving their CPU's away, i never said they did, Intel are and i see no reason for AMD to follow them down that road when they sell everything they make, Intel are selling at practically give away prices because they have to, AMD don't.

Soldato
I'm sure you know exactly what I was talking about. Not TR, not Epyc... consumer-grade Zen3 CPUs like we were all talking about.

If you like I'll edit the post to make it clear we're talking about Ryzen (not that anyone but you was confused).

You stated Zen3... also plans can change, I have no plans to go to America, doesn't means I won't then make plans.

You are literally a one man whinging machine, with little to no knowledge of the PC industry. You just like to complain that everything is too expensive, and why do A do this, and B do that.

This is a PC enthusiast forum (or it was) maybe sign up to the MSE forums or Netmums?

Caporegime
You stated Zen3... also plans can change, I have no plans to go to America, doesn't means I won't then make plans.

You are literally a one man whinging machine, with little to no knowledge of the PC industry. You just like to complain that everything is too expensive, and why do A do this, and B do that.

This is a PC enthusiast forum (or it was) maybe sign up to the MSE forums or Netmums?
I'll post where I like about what I like. You have options to not see my posts if you so desire.

Enthusiast doesn't mean someone who spends more than anyone else either. I'm an enthusiast on a budget.

Soldato
In fairness to people who think that, AMD have themselves said they have no plans to expand the Zen3 Ryzen 5000 range.

AFAIK, they're not allowed to blatantly lie about things like that due to being a publicly traded company.

What absolute rubbish, they can add and expand with more in the range as they want, when they want. There is nothing they are stating that would suggest lying about it either. Just because they say they have no plans doesn't mean they can't later change mind and release other products.

Soldato
I'll post where I like about what I like. You have options to not see my posts if you so desire.

Enthusiast doesn't mean someone who spends more than anyone else either. I'm an enthusiast on a budget.

Enthusiast = being knowledgeable as well. You've proven time and again you don't have a great deal of knowledge about anything other than the prices of things.

Caporegime
Enthusiast = being knowledgeable as well. You've proven time and again you don't have a great deal of knowledge about anything other than the prices of things.
You don't take disagreement very well do you. I won't lose sleep over what you think about my knowledge of anything.

Soldato
I'm supposed to be impressed I guess?

It would be more impressive if you showed some actual knowledge.

You brought Epyc and TR into a discussion where nobody was talking about Epyc and TR, to score internet points.

Internet points? Are you an adolescent or just being deliberately facetious? You didn't like being corrected, no need to spit your dummy out.

Soldato
Ah, so rectifying a blatant lack of knowledge or just correcting a mistruth since you quoted me is being childish?

I think I'll leave you to stew over your overpriced CPU's and GPU's, you clearly don't want to learn anything, just complain. Please don't quote me again, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom