Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
Couldn't get the pictures to host.

New 55" LG CX OLED TV. 150W Gasco electric radiance fire. Samsung Washing Machine and a Asus PG329 monitor

Cant remember how to post a picture, any help ?.

93TiIuO.jpg

LRtZLbs.jpg
s4aeZTZ.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Loft boards and loft legs for the boards

PXL-20210219-140051997.jpg

Soldato
I did. 20% off code helped somewhat, plus 12 year warranty. I spend at least 8 hours a day at my desk so I figure it’s worth it.
What’s it like after a few days of use for up to 8-9 hours? I’ve read they get progressively less comfortable? I’m looking into a new chair due to the incessant creaking of my current one and would rather go big money wise once than keep buying.

Man of Honour
What’s it like after a few days of use for up to 8-9 hours? I’ve read they get progressively less comfortable? I’m looking into a new chair due to the incessant creaking of my current one and would rather go big money wise once than keep buying.
I've only had it 24 hours so probably too early to tell. I'm happy so far.

Caporegime
Do those just get screwed into the joist below? Easy enough job to do yourself? How is the board fixed to the leg?

And it looks like quite a bit of spare clearance, can't imagine many people having enough insulation to warrant the leg being that tall.

You can get 200mm legs but they'd have been compacting the insulation down, we've got two layers of insulation so it's pretty thick.

But yeah, just screw down into the joists, then lay and screw the board on top of the legs.

Caporegime
Do those just get screwed into the joist below? Easy enough job to do yourself? How is the board fixed to the leg?

And it looks like quite a bit of spare clearance, can't imagine many people having enough insulation to warrant the leg being that tall.

Under building regs 270mm is the current minimum depth so 200mm high supports wont cut it.

Caporegime
Am I getting it wrong or is doing this horrifically expensive?

Guess that cost £24, unless you need to buy screws.

Under building regs 270mm is the current minimum depth so 200mm high supports wont cut it.

The 200mm ones would be on the joists, so would be 200mm plus the joist depth, guess it depends how deep your insulation is.

I wanted more clearance as the 200mm ones would have been touching the insulation in various places :)

Caporegime
How deep are the joist though? Going to add at least 70mm in most houses.

Again depends on the house. In mine the joists are only 150mm in the loft so to bring mine up to current building regs I would need a minimum of 120mm. Dont forget building regs is just a minimum and there are good gains to be had by going more.

At the moment i have 200mm insulation laid between the joists and 200mm laid the opposite direction on top so would need 250mm legs.

Caporegime
Again depends on the house. In mine the joists are only 150mm in the loft so to bring mine up to current building regs I would need a minimum of 120mm. Dont forget building regs is just a minimum and there are good gains to be had by going more.

At the moment i have 200mm insulation laid between the joists and 200mm laid the opposite direction on top so would need 250mm legs.

Same, hence me requiring the larger ones :)

Back
Top Bottom