Work reluctant to increase hours due to head injury?

Soldato
When MP's mates are being given multi million pound contracts please dont feel bad about getting help from the state.

We all pay taxes to allow us all to live a decent lifestyle, this also allows to give a helping hand to those that need it.

Please don't feel bad about a bit of financial help, you are doing everything you can bur if you can get some relief with a little helping hand from the government please do.

There is one thing being proud, but what's the point if you are treading water and on the edge of drowning?

Soldato
OP
Maybe ask your doctor to assess you, get a fit note and take it to your work's HR department as proof you are OK to work extra hours.

If the doctor says you are unfit for extra hours then ask to be classified as disabled and see what financial assistance that helps with.

This is an idea. I'm not registered disabled however, as said, I have a fair bit I've been made aware of and all I need is a yes or no.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
With the NHS you should have access to some sort of occupational health service I would have thought. Worth asking, but I would get the verdict from your GP first and foremost as they will have all the facts in your records plus assessing yourself as you are now.

Plus to reiterate as others have said, there's no need to feel ashes of seeking a top up from the government. The schemes are there for people like you who are honest and getting stuck in. If you're ever unemployed you should also always sign on as they top up your tax contributions. My dad didn't sign on for years and they wouldn't pay him JSA when he eventually did because he had a long time with no national insurance contributions.

Back
Top Bottom