High Flow Next, High Flow 2 & High Flow lt flow sensors *Owners Club*

Soldato
I'm going to try to replicate a post from the Aquacomputer forum. My High Flow Next is enroute. The item was out of stock when I ordered it and it has been a two months wait but the impeller is hand calibrated in each device, so not exactly mass produced.

high flow NEXT - The next generation of flow sensors

Our proven high flow flow sensor has been the reference for flow measurement in water cooling systems for years. It provides high precision, ruggedness, durability and almost no flow resistance. However, we have decided to carry these qualities into a new generation of flow sensors and to extend them with new exceptional features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqEnszij8L4

Measuring mechanics - the heart of the sensor
Based on the principle of the proven mechanics of the high flow, we have refined the measuring system. The measurement is performed as usual by a rotor whose speed is measured contactless by a magnetic sensor system. With the high flow NEXT the resolution of the measurement is quadrupled compared to the high flow by using two sensors and a smart analysis.

A minimum operation noise is achieved by an optimally calibrated bearing play at each sensor. In addition, the new sensors can be operated in any mounting position. Furthermore, the direction of flow is still not specified - this ensures an easy installation in any system. The measuring system has also been extended in its measurement range and can now measure flows of 35-1000 l/h!

We have used the highest quality plastics to manufacture the parts. The housing has been manufactured using the same proven glass fibre reinforced plastic as for the high flow. There was never a single defect on one of our sensors!

Measuring accuracy - simply world class
While the accuracy of the high flow sensor was already outstanding, we have now invested months of effort in an even more precise reading. The high flow NEXT offers the possibility to use calibration curves that can be adjusted by the user in addition to the factory calibration. There are also presets that can compensate for the influence of water, DP Ultra and various connection types.

Coolant quality - good to know
Again and again we have been asked: When should I change my coolant? How do I recognize corrosion in the circuit?
Now the high flow NEXT provides the answer! We have integrated a very precise measuring system for the electrical conductivity of the coolant. This is capable to measure the conductivity between 2-200 µS and determine the quality of the coolant. If corrosion occurs or if the corrosion protection inhibitors are used up, the conductivity of the coolant increases significantly. This is detected by the sensor and corrosion and biological attack can be prevented by changing the coolant.

Water temperature - highly accurate and measured as swift as an arrow
The high flow 2 and the high flow NEXT feature a highly accurate and also extremely responsive water temperature sensor. This not only allows the water temperature to be determined but also, in combination with a second sensor, the power currently being dissipated by the cooling system.

The electronics - everything works together
The electronics of the high flow NEXT is an absolute masterpiece. The dimensions of the high flow NEXT are much smaller than the well-known high flow while it has a highly sophisticated electronics with display, alarm buzzer and a complete RGBpx interface including AMBIENTpx support! The connection to the PC is made via the USB interface; this also supplies the required power.

Images of the high flow NEXT:
https://imgur.com/a/NLQPpH5

Three buttons allow a simple and direct configuration of the sensor within the menu. The graphical display can show all measured values from the sensor either as a graph or in a value format. All display pages are freely user-selectable and can be changed automatically.

To provide a visual flow control the sensor has 10 RGBpx LEDs integrated directly in the housing. In their default configuration they provide a rotating flow indicator which changes the speed depending on the flow rate. The effects can be configured freely and of course depending on sensor values using the aquasuite.

The signal output of the high flow NEXT is able to simulate the signals of the popular high flow sensor or to output a speed signal for mainboards (100 l/h correspond to 1000 RPM).

Using the aquabus interface, the data of the high flow NEXT is forwarded to the aquaero and is available for further processing. The aquabus interface can also be used for power supply, but in this case the RGBpx functionality is not available.

On alarm - the direct link
All sensors values can be monitored with alarm limits using the high flow NEXT. If an alarm occurs, it can be indicated both acoustically via the integrated buzzer and optically using the LEDs. In addition, the computer can be switched off using the signal interface of the high flow NEXT connected to the power button input at the mainboard. Alternatively, the alarms can be further processed in the aquasuite Playground section.

RGBpx - Always in the spotlight
The high flow NEXT supports RGBpx and is able to control up to 90 connected LEDs. All known effects including the dynamic backlight for monitors (AMBIENTpx) are provided.

Currently 23 different effect groups are available for individual adjustment. The effects can be driven based on sensor values.

The high flow NEXT also provides the option to use up to eight software sensors. These sensors can be provided by the PC via USB to get actual measured values. The data from all Aqua Computer devices and the hardware monitoring are available as data sources.

The aquasuite software - nothing more is possible
The high flow NEXT is topped by the well-known aquasuite software and our promise: More is not possible.
No other manufacturer can provide you with a software package that offers this functionality, adaptability and depth. We will continue investing a lot of time in the aquasuite software to improve it continuously.

Images of AquaSuite software:
https://imgur.com/a/MV0igkf

Completely customizable overview pages, desktop overlays, hardware monitoring, web interfaces, a playground with virtual sensors that are simply created in a graphical way and complex modules like e-mail notifications in case of alarms etc. Almost every task can be solved by the aquasuite.

The high flow NEXT is available (but not from OcUK as of time of post), and it requires a "pico to pico cable" so that it can simulate the output of a previous Aquacomputer sensor.

high flow 2 - The new generation with water temperature measurement

You simply need an ultra-rugged flow sensor? Water temperature measurement would be a nice addition? All this in a simple and elegant way, CNC milled from solid acetal? Then the high flow 2 is exactly the right choice.

Images of the high flow 2:
https://imgur.com/a/IfdeIjc

The high flow 2 has much more compact dimensions than its predecessor. In the beautifully designed housing made of acetal, the very precise and fast water temperature sensor is integrated next to the flow sensor. The stainless steel cover of the sensor is fixed by magnets and can be easily opened with a strong magnet.

The signal of both sensors is output via a shared connector. Unlike its predecessor, a connecting cable is now included in the package. This cable is designed as a universal connector and has the required plugs for all devices offered by us. The sensor has three M3 mounting holes on the bottom side.

The high flow 2 includes a multi faceted connector.

high flow LT - Reduced to the essentials

Just measure the flow rate? Low-priced and reliable - that is the high flow LT. It offers the same measuring mechanism as the high flow NEXT and no other additional functions. If this is sufficient for you, you will find an excellent flow sensor here.

Images of the high flow LT:
https://imgur.com/a/fg885Jq

The high flow LT includes connection cable.

Soldato
Has anyone actually been able to source these yet? Main dealer isn't shipping to uk anymore and nowhere in the uk seems to have them either...

Soldato
Products like this rise and fall on the quality of their software engineering, just ask EK what a **** show theirs turned out to be

RSR

RSR

Soldato
8AEPJ16.jpg.png

Ive been really quiet impressed with the little thing, the stats you can pull from the Aqua computer suite are endless really and goes with the D5 Next really well.

I get all my W/C cooling gear from High Flow in the Netherlands, just looking over my orders it arrived in November last year.

I still need to get around to properly finishing my loop though.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
It would seem the water quality measurement only works with their own liquids so beware.

Do you have a link for that, so I can have a read up?

As the conductivity reading on mine does change between 19 μS/cm to 29 μS/cm depending on flow but that said I have no other tools to verifiy that reading..

D4N

D4N

Associate
I’m wanting one of these too. I emailed Aqua Computer, and they said they were doing some test shipments to the UK and would open up shipping here again if that was successful.
I can’t get the Watercool stuff I want, and they aren’t shipping to the UK at the minute either.

Soldato
I’m wanting one of these too. I emailed Aqua Computer, and they said they were doing some test shipments to the UK and would open up shipping here again if that was successful.
I can’t get the Watercool stuff I want, and they aren’t shipping to the UK at the minute either.
Horrendous isn't it, i managed to receive my heatkiller V block in January but i ordered before Xmas so they had to fulfill the orders.

Associate
I bought a High Flow Next from Aqua Computer in December. I also bought kit from Aquatuning (Germany) and DocMicro (France) because they had stock and could deliver unlike UK-based companies. I was keen to get delivery before the end of the year in case of no-deal Brexit. But it seems that deal Brexit is causing problems too. I contacted another German company from whom I had previously bought other goods (nothing to do with PCs) and asked if they could sell VAT free on the condition that I fully agree to all transport and customs costs. I have done this many times with companies in North America but this German company is not willing to do it case-by-case and wants to establish new procedures for the UK. Seems like Aqua Computer are of the same mindset.

Anyway, to the meter. I'm a total water-cooling noob and had been researching and planning to build a system. Since I can afford it I plan to use a motherboard and graphics card with included waterblock (likely Gigabyte), and in December I thought that maybe within a few months the graphics card I wanted would be available, so I decided to start getting the water cooling kit because I knew that planning a system and actually building it are quite different. I was right about that but of course also very wrong about graphic card availability but that doesn't matter because I always planned to build and test my water cooling without actually having a motherboard or graphics card installed. And that's nearly where I am now - my next step is to actually use some distilled water in the system - so far I have air pressure tested only.

I had previously intended to get a ThermalTake flow sensor but then read reviews of it leaking so I'm hoping the Aqua Computer one is OK. I decided to get a flow and temperature sensor because indeed I am a noob and so I wanted that peace of mind that will come from seeing the flow rate and water temperature independent of the PC itself. The High Flow Next does other stuff as well but I don't really care about that. Besides it has a small display and some of the text is tiny. I'm mid 50s and so not being able to read small text is now one of the PITAs of life for me. So far I have dry tested the meter with just power. Aqua Computer eventually responded to my e-mail about support following activation of the Aquasuite software and it seems that I should not do that until my PC is built so I haven't used the software yet. But I have looked through the menu on the unit itself using the buttons and it looks quite capable. The default brightness of the display is low and it does seem dim, but it is good on bright even through the tinted glass of my Fractal case.

I'll post more when I can test my loop with the wet stuff.

Updated: The German company I mentioned has finally resumed UK orders, so I believe it is only a matter of time for others too.

Last edited:
Associate
I have finally filled and tested my CPU-less and GPU-less system with distilled water. All tubes are the maximum length to allow for some variance in the positions of the missing waterblocks which are temporarily replaced with adaptors. I'm running my pumps (an EK Xtop Revo dual D5) from a Noctua NA-FC1 PWM fan controller. Being a noob I am so happy that I got a flow meter since I have nothing else to see the flow other than from the bubbles in the reservoir, which did not last long. The High Flow Next is great and worked out of the box without problems. It seems very configurable, although the flow units are only either l/h or g/h with no per minute option. I'm not sure about the value of the conductivity or water quality measurements so I turned those displays off for now. The latter started at 100% and fell to 50% over about an hour whilst I was testing and I am using new Alphacool distilled water. Clearly it needs to detect something special in whatever fluid it supports.

I tested my loop up to 300l/h which I hope is way more than I need for the completed PC because the water flow was a bit noisy. From around 170l/h and below it was quiet and then I tried to see how low I could get it. This was about 41l/h. Below that the meter would show the flow reducing rapidly to zero, but I don't think it was truly zero because when I was filling the loop I was able to get the pumps to very slowly lower the water level in the reservoir without the meter registering. A quick search of the OC forums suggests that 41/h is too low for adequate cooling so I guess that's not a problem.

So in conclusion the High Flow Next seems a very good product. I have no way of checking the temperature measurement - my room thermostat says its 21C in my office and the meter says that the water is now 24.8C - which at least seems about right.

D4N

D4N

Associate
I’m sure I read that you could connect a temperature sensor to the high flow next, so you can measure ambient temperature if you want.

Back
Top Bottom