WandaVision

Soldato
Some major spoilers/theories. Seriously, if you're worried about spoilers then don't open.

• Pietro is indeed meant to look like Quicksilver from the X-Men movies, but he's also Mephisto messing with Wanda. Mephisto is Evan Peters in weird red CGI makeup.
  • Mephisto was drawn to Wanda by Agnes. He feeds off magic energy. He's also Ralph.
  • Agnes is Agatha Harkness and part of the "Salem Seven" coven of witches (a couple of them are servants who are male), who've lived for hundreds of years. They were in Westview when Wanda came there. The missing person from witness protection is Norm, he was investigating them.
  • Vision gets his memories back and gets to say goodbye to Wanda properly, he does die again.
  • Heywood was studying Vision to create further weapons like him. He is actually working on Sentinels, which are shown in the last episode. He goaded Wanda into the events of the show, trying to revive Vision, and is now trying to cover up his screw up.
  • Darcy is a psychic in the circus
  • Monica gets powers from her third jump through the barrier, she is set up to become Photon by the end of this series.
  • Vision, Monica and Wanda take down Mephisto and Agnes. Wanda gets taken out by Strange and taken away.
  • Wanda expands the reality field in the final episode to cover the entire world, which is implied to seed the mutant gene (what happened to Monica happening to more people), thus setting up X-Men.

Don't we already have mutants in the MCU,ie,Inhumans which were covered in detail in Agents of Shield??

Soldato
Called it, Agatha Harkness and Photon. :cool:

Don't we already have mutants in the MCU,ie,Inhumans which were covered in detail in Agents of Shield??

No, Inhumans were created by alien tech., Mutants are born with their X-Gene. And the less said about the Inhumans spin-off the better. I do believe the idea was for the Inhumans to act as a stand in for mutants in the MCU, but now that Disney own 20th Century they have the rights to use Mutants in the MCU. Just going to be interesting to see how they manage to fit them in and explain their absence up until now.

Caporegime
What's his point? It has involved supernatural elements since the first episode. It's about a witch who uses her mind powers to create a pocket universe where she can change things and people at will.

How is it confusing? What 'in the know' knowledge do you require?

Soldato
What's his point? It has involved supernatural elements since the first episode. It's about a witch who uses her mind powers to create a pocket universe where she can change things and people at will.

Maybe who Agatha Harckness is and what's her deal?

Soldato

I'm sure he'll correct me if i'm wrong, but he's saying that with so many supernatural elements to it/going on that, unless you're familiar with all the backstory/charaters from the comics, it can be confusing. And he's right. The big reveal at the end of yesterday's episode meant little/nothing to me as I've never heard of, or know a single thing, about whatever character she's meant to be. Googling can help, but not everyone can be bothered with that or don't enjoy shows where you get to the end and have to immediately look online to make sense of what's going on.

He's not saying it's confusing because of the supernatural elements which is what you lambasted him for.

I imagine for those 'in the know' this show is bloody brilliant and is calling on their knowledge of the MU and its characters to piece together what is unfolding.

Caporegime
Maybe who Agatha Harckness is and what's her deal?

How is that required lol, we've just found out her real name. Do you think this won't be explained in the coming episodes? When has a Marvel project ever required knowledge of the comics? If you're complaining that you don't know the story in advance then yeah sure.

Soldato
Called it, Agatha Harkness and Photon. :cool:

No, Inhumans were created by alien tech., Mutants are born with their X-Gene. And the less said about the Inhumans spin-off the better. I do believe the idea was for the Inhumans to act as a stand in for mutants in the MCU, but now that Disney own 20th Century they have the rights to use Mutants in the MCU. Just going to be interesting to see how they manage to fit them in and explain their absence up until now.

Inhumans already had the genes which made them more likely to respond to Terrigen crystals giving them superpowers. Yes it was done by the Kree,but like the X-Gene it is transmitted from generation to generation. So in Agents of Shield you have tons of people with superpowers in the world like Quake,etc. Even Wanda got her power via experiments using an Infinity Stone. So I don't know how they can explain that all away now,as you have 2 sets of individuals with mutant powers but viai different means.

Soldato
I’ve been getting that whole unlikable po faced superior always right badly written vibe from Monica Rambeau so I can believe that rumour. A perfect match for Captain Marvel that’s a combo I can’t wait to see. :rolleyes:

Caporegime
Inhumans already had the genes which made them more likely to respond to Terrigen crystals giving them superpowers. Yes it was done by the Kree,but like the X-Gene it is transmitted from generation to generation. So in Agents of Shield you have tons of people with superpowers in the world like Quake,etc. Even Wanda got her power via experiments using an Infinity Stone. So I don't know how they can explain that all away now,as you have 2 sets of individuals with mutant powers but viai different means.

My money is on a reverse House of M, so rather than "No more mutants" she will end up creating them.

Soldato
I'm sure he'll correct me if i'm wrong, but he's saying that with so many supernatural elements to it/going on that, unless you're familiar with all the backstory/charaters from the comics, it can be confusing. And he's right. The big reveal at the end of yesterday's episode meant little/nothing to me as I've never heard of, or know a single thing, about whatever character she's meant to be. Googling can help, but not everyone can be bothered with that or don't enjoy shows where you get to the end and have to immediately look online to make sense of what's going on.

He's not saying it's confusing because of the supernatural elements which is what you lambasted him for.

I imagine for those 'in the know' this show is bloody brilliant and is calling on their knowledge of the MU and its characters to piece together what is unfolding.
Late reply (due to addictive Valheim) but yes there is so much going on that I find myself having to constantly look up who is who. I love watching the X-Men films, I enjoy the Marvel content having seen them all. Now we've got a Witch and Proton/Photon and who knows what. Yes I know it gets explained as the show progresses but you can't say it is initially confusing.

Caporegime
At no point do you have to look anything up watching this show, if you are then you're doing something wrong. What you seem to be complaining about is that when a character is revealed they don't reveal their full biography instantly. The. Show. Is. Not. Over.

Caporegime
It's not a personal opinion that you have to look things up, you're just wrong. It's like people in this thread are watching their first TV show or something "Wait, I have to wait until the next episode to find out more instead of looking it up on wikipedia?"

Permabanned
No, it's more your are going into it with more knowledge about the characters than other people, but for some reason you can't understand how other people might not be as clued up as you are? Like trying to teach an old family member to use a PC for the first time and you struggle to grasp how they can't do the simplest things sort of thing?

Back
Top Bottom