AMD seeks help to solve the USB disconnection issue on 500-series motherboards

Soldato
Source: https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-adm...s-with-usb-devices-on-500-series-motherboards

Must admit - not impressed with all the issues plaguing Ryzen platforms. A read of the CPU forum shows many issues there with CPU's also.

I'd expected that the 3rd gen would have been smooth sailing, mature platform and refined packaging techniques. Seems more like a rushed product, which will only hurt AMD's brand image going forward.

Want headaches, crashes and bugs in some games (Cyberpunk most recently notably) ? Get AMD
Want a much higher chance of smooth sailing and reliability? Get Intel/Nvidia

Soldato
Source: https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-adm...s-with-usb-devices-on-500-series-motherboards

Must admit - not impressed with all the issues plaguing Ryzen platforms. A read of the CPU forum shows many issues there with CPU's also.

I'd expected that the 3rd gen would have been smooth sailing, mature platform and refined packaging techniques. Seems more like a rushed product, which will only hurt AMD's brand image going forward.

Want headaches, crashes and bugs in some games (Cyberpunk most recently notably) ? Get AMD
Want a much higher chance of smooth sailing and reliability? Get Intel/Nvidia
What about the intel lan issues on z490 boards dave i asked you about it on another thread but youve never mentioned it on these forums you only post problems about amd yet never mention the problems intel have very strange that now i have a x570 board and never had these issues with usb or any other problem ive also got a z390 board and not had a problem with that either ive even got a z68 board still works fine maybe ive been lucky but with electronics things do and can go wrong unfortunatley thats just part and parcel of it.

Your hatred for amd is astonishing what did they do to you mate ?

Soldato
OP
What about the intel lan issues on z490 boards dave i asked you about it on another thread but youve never mentioned it on these forums you only post problems about amd yet never mention the problems intel have very strange that now i have a x570 board and never had these issues with usb or any other problem ive also got a z390 board and not had a problem with that either ive even got a z68 board still works fine maybe ive been lucky but with electronics things do and can go wrong unfortunatley thats just part and parcel of it.

Your hatred for amd is astonishing what did they do to you mate ?

I'll copy paste my answer from the other thread:
------------------------
There's a big difference between not getting full 2.5Gbit ethernet speeds due to a bug with the I225-V and getting actual crashes, disconnection of devices, and failures with Ryzen.

I doubt you even researched to know that the bug with I225-V means you'll get 1.5Bbit-2Gbit under LAN transfers instead of the full 2.5Gbit speed. I'm sure you're aware 99.9% haven't invested in a home router/managed switches cable of sustaining 2.5Gbit ethernet throughout the chain, though if it makes you feel better, shout about it buddy.

Most people just use their home Gigabit router that comes free from the ISP - you're not getting any more than Gigabit through that bud.
-----------------------

I'll make it simple for you Alex. Most people prefer stability over crashes, blue screens, black screens, disconnecting USB drives and dead on arrival chips. Sure, the Intel Lan bug means you won't get full 2.5Gbe speed, instead you'll get 1.5Gbit - 2Gbit, IF you actually bought a home router/switches capable of that speed. I'm guessing your probably on your free ISP Gigabit router, right Alex? Guess what speed you'll get through that?

Soldato
I'll copy paste my answer from the other thread:
------------------------
There's a big difference between not getting full 2.5Gbit ethernet speeds due to a bug with the I225-V and getting actual crashes, disconnection of devices, and failures with Ryzen.

I doubt you even researched to know that the bug with I225-V means you'll get 1.5Bbit-2Gbit under LAN transfers instead of the full 2.5Gbit speed. I'm sure you're aware 99.9% haven't invested in a home router/managed switches cable of sustaining 2.5Gbit ethernet throughout the chain, though if it makes you feel better, shout about it buddy.

Most people just use their home Gigabit router that comes free from the ISP - you're not getting any more than Gigabit through that bud.
-----------------------

I'll make it simple for you Alex. Most people prefer stability over crashes, blue screens, black screens, disconnecting USB drives and dead on arrival chips. Sure, the Intel Lan bug means you won't get full 2.5Gbe speed, instead you'll get 1.5Gbit - 2Gbit, IF you actually bought a home router/switches capable of that speed. I'm guessing your probably on your free ISP Gigabit router, right Alex? Guess what speed you'll get through that?
I dont need it simple mate all my systems work trouble free intel and amd x570 mate if it was as bad as you make out everybody would be complaining you have a agenda with amd for some reason you only have to look at your threads with the childish more good news comments you make when you post about intel really sad mate i actually feel sorry for you

Soldato
My keyboard sometimes doesn't work on boot, on my new B550 motherboard, I'm guessing this is related. Hopefully they figure out how to fix this.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Soldato
I think it’s mainly edge cases like DACs that are more commonly affected, but also possible it’s behind some of the issues that make VR headsets a pain... the G2 is the poster child for x570 usb issues.

I think some of the problems are also probably self inflicted as unstable FCLK gives similar results, so will be fun for AMD to unpick which are genuine issues and what are user error.

Associate
I've been plagued with these dropouts.. but last night had a bit of a breakthrough. Removed the extension cable I use for my Quest2 and it made a "removed" sound. Odd, as the headset wasn't plugged in. I found, via USB Treeview, that it actually connects itself as a USB hub !!

Haven't had a single issue since. While it's still VERY early days, I'm cautiously optimistic here....

Gigabyte Aorus Pro, 5800X, 1060GTX

edit: full day of work yesterday, no problems. Only managed a few hours today and it happened again. Dammit

Last edited:
Associate
X570 Taichi was bought ever since they were released. Never had any issues with USB, and I have been using all of the USB plugs all the time. Have Asrock x570 pro4 for 8 months now, no issues with USB either. My two mates have Asus x570 TUF gaming and Gigabyte x570 elite. Both have no issues with USB.
I only heard about USB issues just couple of weeks ago, and now suddenly AMD admitting things, and then asking community to help, which kinda seems like they themselves cannot reproduce the issue :D

Back
Top Bottom