Streaming/Video Conferencing Issues on Windows PC - HELP

Associate
Hi Folks,

I'm hoping for some expert help, my son and I built a basic gaming PC at the beginning of last year but it has been plagued with steaming and video conferencing issues since, the hardware is as follows:

Processor: RYZEN 3 3200G QUAD CORE 4.0GHZ (SOCKET AM4) APU WITH RX VEGA 8 GRAPHICS - RETAIL
Graphics Card: ASUS PH-GT1030-O2G PCI Express Graphics Card (NVIDIA Geforce, GDDR5 64 Bit Memory) - Black
Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K8G4D30AESBK 3000 MHz, DDR4, DRAM, Desktop Gaming Memory Kit, 16 GB (8 GB x2)
SSD: Crucial BX500 CT240BX500SSD1(Z) 240 GB Internal SSD
HHD: Seagate ST2000DM008 Internal Hard Drive – 2 TB – silver
Motherboard: ASUS MB Prime A320M-K AMD A320 Socket AM4 Micro ATX Motherboard
PSU:B lack 500W ATX PC Power Supply PSU
Wifi Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 Dual Band Wireless PCI Express Adapter

Youtube, Iplayer and Netflix all work well.

Zoom, Teams and Stadia are all jerky and nigh on unusable on this PC. Originally the PC was built with a basic 300mbps TP link wifi card, I upgraded this to the AC1200 version in the spec above. Having the PC wired through a AC1200 powerline network was better but still not completely without pauses in the streams.

I've got 73Mb broadband on a Google Nest Mesh network, other computers on the network all work with Zoom, Teams and Stadia without issue. Even before when I was just using a standard Talk Talk router - the PC in question is within about 3m of a Google Nest point so I am confident it has a good link.

I have been through all settings on the PC that are obvious to me that might be affecting the quality of connection on Teams, Zoom and Skype - does anyone here have any recommendations as to what else to try either software or hardware wise?

Cheers, Donut.

Associate
OP
Hey micky,

Thanks, yes all drivers have been updated and checked several times.

Any network monitoring software you can recommend?

Many thanks, Donut

Associate
What is it that is jerky ? the picture from other people or your own picture ?

Task manager is actually reasonably decent to monitor the basic resource usage levels including the network speeds etc. I wouldn't bother with anything else at the moment as it'll be enough to show whether a particular process relating to Zoom/Stadia/Teams is suddenly hogging the CPU.

Associate
OP
All video in zoom and teams starts, pauses and starts again as you are using them. Games in stadia work, stops and then works again.

Looking at the network usage in task manager it appears to be downloading, dropping to 0 and then starting again also.

Teams, zoom and stadia on phones, laptops or chromecasts in my sons room all work without issue - it definately seems isolated to my son's pc hardware/software

Back
Top Bottom