iPhone Mini 12 - Empty DCIM in windows?

Soldato
I have an iPhone Mini 12 and when I connect it from the USB c on my computer it doesn't always show up in windows file explorer and when it does, the DCIM folder is empty. I've had to use 3rd party software called imazing which you have to pay for.

Has anyone else had this issue? All I'm trying to do is access my photo galley within windows, itunes detects my phone but I'm not able to view my gallery on there. icloud isn't a solution as it lowers file size which reduces quality

Any advice here please

Soldato
You say iCloud isn’t an option. But if I recall if you export a photo into the files app of iCloud drive it’s in full quality - it’s basically just Dropbox

Soldato
OP
Your phone must be unlocked to view the photos and files on the computer.

my mini works fine with windows.

It’s very much hit and miss for me. Sometimes when I connect it, I’ll be able to browse to the iPhone but then it just doesn’t show any folders. The phone is unlocked and trusted. If I use a 3rd party application like imazing it works every time

I’m connecting using a usb c cable directly into my motherboards usb c port, I wonder if getting a Regular usb cable might be worth a try

Soldato
OP
I still can't get it to connect even on a fresh install of windows. I press allow every time and it just doesn't show up in file explorer

Soldato
Have you used icloud for windows? I haven't noticed any reduced quality when downloading them from the icloud app.

It's good because it's available in file explorer too.

vFgFgc2.jpg

Soldato
OP
I did try iCloud for windows it was really slow

I just think I've fixed it. In Photos their is a setting 'automatic' or 'keep originals'. If I select 'keep originals' it transfers fine. Seems to be a known issue

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's still having a difficult time connecting. When I connect by USB sometimes it detects my iPhone and sometimes it doesn't. Must be a windows issue or something

Back
Top Bottom