The Display Cabinet

Soldato
I had two boxes of Tempest of Souls, one was free, so I decided to put together two armies of about 1200 points. The rest of the photos of Nighthaunt are somewhere in the Warhammer thread.

The first two photos below are probably my best models to date. The yellow guy on the left will be my Lord Arcanum on foot.

VoWtyCu.jpg.png
UT95yDU.jpg.png

Converted the mage from Tempest of Souls into another one to make up a full squad of five.

x4TPYQ9.jpg.png
3Q71iam.jpg.png

Brown was the order of the day

Glzxfel.jpg.png

A couple of my Briar Queen. I really wish I had found Lahmian Medium before I painted them, it would have made my blending so much better. She was definitely not an easy model to paint.

18pm94c.jpg.png
iSyjfIa.jpg.png

These guys were going to be thrown away because I didn't want them and no one else wanted to buy them for a couple of quid. Ended up painting them with just washes and some grey for the feet. Took about an hour all of them. I think they turned out quite well.
G8uha9W.jpg.png

Associate
Lovely job. I remember painting the complete Fellowship of the Ring set from Ral Partha for my brother back in the day, no where near that standard mind you. Would love to know what became of them and all the Dragonlance sets I did.

I have just undercoated all the Walkers etc from Zombicide Rue Morgue to get painted after owning since the KS. They will be the first things I have properly painted in well over ten years and with dodgy eyesight and no new glasses :p.

Associate
This is my latest model, a Blood Maw from Mierce Miniatures. It’s a huge chunk of very detailed resin, which was interesting to paint - how much detail to paint vs using the sculpted texture.

ohcBOdA.jpg
yi4nTwC.jpg
K9gmlfF.jpg
cKHPFJ3.jpg

Soldato
This is going to be a very humble post compared to some of the history in here, but I am a very novice painter and mostly interested in boardgames.

I recently decided that I would try my hand at painting the alien minis that go with the Nemesis board game.

Buoyed with confidence from this, I then turned my gaze to a board game I've owned for a while, War of the Ring. Its a board game based on the Lord of the Rings and together with the two expansions has 260 miniatures. Painting them was needed because from a distance a lot of the units all look very similar in either red or blue plastic and basically all variations of dudes on horses or dudes holding spears.

The hardest part for me was thinking up ideas of exactly what colours to paint things and not necessarily restricting myself to diligently following the films. But here are a few snaps of my latest creations, noting that for some there have been about 24-36 units in each so its been one helluva production line!

Lfb2U6h

Will try to upload better photos later but I have also experienced tackiness issues with some of these particular models which is frustrating as I've done as much as I can by cleaning them thoroughly beforehand and priming them.

Its one helluva undertaking though and I am not even half way through yet but I've got a good idea of what to do to finish them off now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom