HDMI 2.1 48Gbps Cable Recommendations for 4k120hz PC gaming with all of the bells and whistles?

Caporegime
Hi guys. I did a search of the forum (honest) and weirdly didn't find a thread for this (if I missed one please feel free to link me). I am looking for a couple of HDMI 2.1 48Gbps Cable in 2 metre length and am overwhelmed by the amount of different ones on certain large online stores.

Can someone please tell me the name (that I can then use to search for on websites) of cables which really do work as full HDMI 2.1 48Gbps cables to enjoy the full potential of PC gaming of Nvidia Ampere on an LG OLED?

Many thanks. :)

EDIT - Thanks guys I appreciate the links and suggestions. Seems all of the certified ones are sadly out of stock at the moment. I ordered a couple of these... https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B08NTRX9SB/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

UPDATE 11.05.2021 - Hi guys thanks for reminding me about this thread! In the end I bought the RUIPRO 8K HDMI Fibre Optic Cable 15m HDMI 2.1 48Gbps 8K@60Hz which you can find with a guick search on the largest online store. It certainly was not cheap, but I sent a cheeky email to Ruipro asking if there was anything they could do and they gave me a 20% discount code which covered postage and a little extra. If you don't ask you don't get. :D

I ran it from my bedroom through to my living room and hooked it all up to my 65" CX and it worked perfectly with no faffing around and I immediately had 4k120, 10-bit HDR. :cool:

My RTX3090 often gets 80-120fps with settings maxed out so it really is gaming nirvana, sitting there on my armchair with a PS5 gamepad playing on the big screen. RDR2, Jedi Falled Order, Witcher 3, Control, Vermintide 2... they all look and play amazingly! :eek: The only time I use my mouse and keyboard now are for mouse/shortcut-heavy games that really need it like RTS, strategy and fantasy games etc.

I recommend this cable to anyone who needs a long and very high quality HDMI 2.1 ready cable with all of the bells and whistles that will undoubtedly last many years. :)

Video here:

Last edited:
Soldato
If it’s certified it should be fine, I currently use this one with my PS5.

8K HDMI 2.1 Cable 6.6FT,Maxonar (Certified) Ultra HD 48Gbps High Speed 8K60 4K120 eARC RTX 3090 HDR10 4:4:4 HDCP 2.2&2.3 Dolby Compatible with Playstation 5/PS5,Xbox Series X,Roku/Fire/Sony/LG TV https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08TLRFK6H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_HKGTKH1ZPQN0Y8W0H0R7?psc=1

Hi
Sorry to quote old post, I’m looking for some more certified cables and looking at what you linked or the true hq ones also on Amazon, I may be fine with a 1 metre length but might just be safe and get 2 metre, how is the flexibility of the maxonar cable?

Caporegime
OP
Hi guys thanks for reminding me about this thread! In the end I bought the RUIPRO 8K HDMI Fibre Optic Cable 15m HDMI 2.1 48Gbps 8K@60Hz which you can find with a guick search on the largest online store. It certainly was not cheap, but I sent a cheeky email to Ruipro asking if there was anything they could do and they gave me a 20% discount code which covered postage and a little extra. If you don't ask you don't get. :D

I ran it from my bedroom through to my living room and hooked it all up to my 65" CX and it worked perfectly with no faffing around and I immediately had 4k120, 10-bit HDR. :cool:

My RTX3090 often gets 80-120fps with settings maxed out so it really is gaming nirvana, sitting there on my armchair with a PS5 gamepad playing on the big screen. RDR2, Jedi Falled Order, Witcher 3, Control, Vermintide 2... they all look and play amazingly! :eek: The only time I use my mouse and keyboard now are for mouse/shortcut-heavy games that really need it like RTS, strategy and fantasy games etc.

I recommend this cable to anyone who needs a long and very high quality HDMI 2.1 ready cable with all of the bells and whistles that will undoubtedly last many years. :)

Video here:

Caporegime
OP
£175?!?!

I bought one last week for £8.99...
Yes, if you want full HDMI 2.1 functionality over a length of 10m then that's what a fibre optic cable costs. There is currently no alternative that I am aware of so your comparison is a bit moot. :p

Clearly if you want a short cable (3m or less) that doesn't need to be fibre optic then there is no need for the Ruipro 8k and you save a ton of money by going with another brand.

Caporegime
OP
I am just surprised at the cost of HDMI, even if it's 10m. This is coming from a guy who paid £180 for an 0.8m analogue Audio cable.

It's to do with fibre being required to reliably carry the bandwidth over that distance. I can't remember where I read it but I believe it's around $5 per foot for a decent fibre cable, so 25 x 5 you're looking at around £120 before any uplift.
Yep, it is not easy to make long cables capable of carrying full HDMI 2.1 bandwidth, that's why they are so expensive and niche (for the moment at least).

However it was well worth it and I can easily justify the cost when taking into account both the length of ownership and how ******* awesome it is to game from the comfort of my living room without seeing or hearing my PC. :D

Soldato
Hi guys thanks for reminding me about this thread! In the end I bought the RUIPRO 8K HDMI Fibre Optic Cable 15m HDMI 2.1 48Gbps 8K@60Hz which you can find with a guick search on the largest online store. It certainly was not cheap, but I sent a cheeky email to Ruipro asking if there was anything they could do and they gave me a 20% discount code which covered postage and a little extra. If you don't ask you don't get. :D

Video here:

Ah, it seems you can’t get 20% off anymore. I asked twice and the best they could do was 11%. Good cable though, just got exactly the same one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom