Valheim

Soldato
This is our base so far, 3 of us playing, we've only done the first boss. Excuse the fps, it absolutely tanked when I started recording but you get the gist of our layout

My worry is, as you move to new regions, you need to build a new house, meaning your previous one becomes basically less and less used - And repeat....

So all that effort you put into your house, as you progress, is wasted, and in each new locatio, you have to repeat the grind and build of the house and its crafting facilities etc?

Soldato
From my understanding all waypoints on your map are specific to you. I think anyone can gain the boss power buff regardless of who placed the trophy at the stone.
So if someone has beaten Eikthyr on a map I join as a completely new character, I'll already have the Eikthyr power? And I would or wouldn't be able to summon Eikthyr at his alter?

Pet Northerner
Don
So if someone has beaten Eikthyr on a map I join as a completely new character, I'll already have the Eikthyr power? And I would or wouldn't be able to summon Eikthyr at his alter?

You can keep summoning him I think and if you want the power, you still need to clikc the head that's mounted on the stones

Soldato
My worry is, as you move to new regions, you need to build a new house, meaning your previous one becomes basically less and less used - And repeat....

So all that effort you put into your house, as you progress, is wasted, and in each new locatio, you have to repeat the grind and build of the house and its crafting facilities etc?
I’ve tended to build out a big central base with a lot of portals connecting out to smaller bases around the map. The only exception is that I have a second large base that is basically a port with the trader, a dock and a large fortification as it is in the Black Forest.

Soldato
You can keep summoning him I think and if you want the power, you still need to clikc the head that's mounted on the stones
So if I joined your map with a brand new character where you've beaten the first boss etc, I would not have thge Eikthyr power. But to get it I wouldn't have to summon him, I'd simply go to the 'boss stones' and click on Eikthyr's one to be given that power?

BUT, I assume then that power up is stored specific to my character? ie: If I then immediately took that character to a new map, he'd have the Eikthyr power?

Pet Northerner
Don
So if I joined your map with a brand new character where you've beaten the first boss etc, I would not have thge Eikthyr power. But to get it I wouldn't have to summon him, I'd simply go to the 'boss stones' and click on Eikthyr's one to be given that power?

BUT, I assume then that power up is stored specific to my character? ie: If I then immediately took that character to a new map, he'd have the Eikthyr power?

Yes, all player inventory and powers move servers. The server Maps hold the stones with powers so you could jump between servers to swap powers over if you wanted something your normal server doesn't have.

Associate
Yeah we keep forgetting to go around and make repairs, will do a sweep of the base today with a hammer :)

Lol, yeah it's a pain in the bum, as I didn't want to ruin aesthetic appeal by having everything covered lol.

I'm well impressed by your base though, I love that it looks like a little village. It's good seeing other people's for some build inspiration. The millennium falcon base off reddit is incredible, you should check it out.

Associate

I won't ever abandon my original base as it's where the majority of my time has been spent. As someone else said, just use portals to connect to sub bases, only thing is you have to transport minerals by sea/ land, but that's no big deal... I've mined over 4k of stone for my man made mountain, so few trips over ocean is no grind lol

Soldato
I won't ever abandon my original base as it's where the majority of my time has been spent. As someone else said, just use portals to connect to sub bases, only thing is you have to transport minerals by sea/ land, but that's no big deal... I've mined over 4k of stone for my man made mountain, so few trips over ocean is no grind lol
i think his point is when you server hop.

Soldato
This is our base so far, 3 of us playing, we've only done the first boss. Excuse the fps, it absolutely tanked when I started recording but you get the gist of our layout

Some great ideas in there, you guys are good at building! Why didn't you show us inside the Solace building though, got nekkid ladies in there or something? :p

Man of Honour

We'll just set up portals to return to our main base, we'll have a few , basic, outposts but mostly we'll return to the main base via portals and ships.

Soldato
We'll just set up portals to return to our main base, we'll have a few , basic, outposts but mostly we'll return to the main base via portals and ships.

We were having a debate on the game I play with 4 others about portals and bases. One guy is really turned off by the fact you can't portal metals but personally I think it keeps the game viable.

If you could portal metals you would build a base early game and apart from some huts with portals in the world would be pointless as you would just farm islands for mats and move them back home.

Having to make satellite bases and ocean runs etc in my opinion gives the world a purpose.

Can see it being a dividing topic in the community in the long run.

Soldato
We were having a debate on the game I play with 4 others about portals and bases. One guy is really turned off by the fact you can't portal metals but personally I think it keeps the game viable.

If you could portal metals you would build a base early game and apart from some huts with portals in the world would be pointless as you would just farm islands for mats and move them back home.

Having to make satellite bases and ocean runs etc in my opinion gives the world a purpose.

If you really want to fudge moving metals around then just logout with metal in your inventory, put it in a chest in another world, log back on and move to where you want the metal and then log out, get it from the other world and log back in.

Man of Honour

I agree entirely with you on the satellite bases and ocean runs, we're in no rush and travelling the world and the opportunities for chat etc whilst doing so is part and parcel of our enjoyment

Associate
You must have been trying to complete as fast as you can?

53 hours into a play through with a group and we've killed 2 bosses

Not at all, just got the mats i need for gear i needed to kill bosses.

Dont get me wrong the building is fantastic for what it is but its not why i played the game.

Back
Top Bottom