** Diablo 2 Resurrected Thread **

Soldato
Hmm so tempted but like many others I preordered the WC3 reforged 'remaster' and left feeling disappointed.

35 quid for the basic package.......what MIGHT push me over the line is if there was a mention of native 21:9 support.....but nothing that I can see

Soldato
OP
Like others I'm remaining a tad cautious due to the debacle that was Warcraft 3 Reforged. However, I'm optimistic that they've learned from their mistakes and will give this game the love and attention it deserves, and going from the deep dive they did and what they showed off and talked about, I'm confident this will be way better.

Soldato
Hmm so tempted but like many others I preordered the WC3 reforged 'remaster' and left feeling disappointed.

35 quid for the basic package.......what MIGHT push me over the line is if there was a mention of native 21:9 support.....but nothing that I can see

No reason why it wouldn't support modern resolutions, its a modern 3D engine they are using not just an updated version of the D2 setup.

Soldato
Indeed they have said it does. People aren't watching the videos being linked in the thread or via the Diablo YT page.

No watching them all.

4k will be an obvious support because it's 16:9. However blizzard typically does naff all with any wider variation.

Overwatch and SC are two obvious examples.

New graphics engines etc are absolutely zero indicator of 21:9 support.

Soldato
No watching them all.

4k will be an obvious support because it's 16:9. However blizzard typically does naff all with any wider variation.

Overwatch and SC are two obvious examples.

New graphics engines etc are absolutely zero indicator of 21:9 support.

The specifically answered that in the Q&A yesterday, 21:9 is supported along with every other resolution you can probably think of.

Soldato
OP
Watched the Q&A this morning, really glad to see that they are going to support 21:9 resolutions (and resolutions scaling up to 4320p/8k) with uncapped frame rates.

They mentioned they are going to be using patch 1.14 (assuming "d" patch) to nail the classic experience and they didn't want to start balancing it out with something else. Just the way the Rob Gallerani answered that would be as if they will eventually make further balancing changes, and he acknowledged that some of the classes/specs were bugged as of the current 1.14d patch.

Soldato
They mentioned they are going to be using patch 1.14 (assuming "d" patch) to nail the classic experience and they didn't want to start balancing it out with something else. Just the way the Rob Gallerani answered that would be as if they will eventually make further balancing changes, and he acknowledged that some of the classes/specs were bugged as of the current 1.14d patch.

The way I interpreted those comments was that he had to be very careful with his words as they don't know/have no involvement with that stuff as of now. WC3 Reforged has since had some patches, so maybe we will down the line.

Soldato
OP
I think it'll be on the cards if the game does well, and they'll have a roadmap in place already for potential future patches, they'll just be hesitant to talk about it yet as you mention. If the game does well I could see them introducing future changes/content (hopefully at least! I'd love to see more).

Soldato
I’d like them to have the ability to have a full ‘classic’ mode alongside the resurrected mode with toggles for quality of life changes and other new things they might introduce.

I know they have the option for returning to the old graphics at least and have spoken about toggles for auto gold pickup etc but I think my suggestion would satisfy both camps should they want to tinker further with the game.

Associate
This is going to be just another turd that will get full marks from IGN. Either that or it'll be mobile only. Surprise! Haven't people been burned by Blizz enough yet?

Back
Top Bottom