Significant age gaps in relationships

Caporegime
Hey @Tosno, how *checks notes* 'alpha' is it when me someone, perhaps from this forum, provides the finances for the purchase of a pushchair for your someone's young one? That must be pretty 'alpha', right? And by extension, where does that leave you the receiver? Are they now 'beta'? These nonsense labels sure are hard to follow!

Let me know :love:

Associate
I’m 50 and the wife is 55 (been together 32 years!). We never had children too, which we’re totally fine with

The age gap works very well for us as she tired of very late nights out etc before I have which helps keep me sensible about such things

It also helps that she’s an absolute fitness fanatic and in all fairness is in better shape than most girls in their 20’s

If we’d never met I think 5 years older and no more than 10 years younger would be my range

Associate
Short answer is that a good relationship with a large age gap is better than a bad relationship without one.

You could also argue that all else being equal, being the same age as your partner has quite a few advantages.

Life isn’t black and white though.

Soldato
My brother is 48 and his wife is 28. 20 year age gap between them. Happily married and have 4 kids together (and she wants more!)

I am 37 and I don't date anyone above the age of 32 and even that's pushing it for me. My current girlfriend is 32 but she wasn't when we first met.

Men at any age are attracted to younger women because they are more fun to be around, like women in their 20's. Youth in women is an attraction as it shows good health and healthy people want to get together to reproduce healthy kids (if they want kids).

Soldato
Hey @Tosno, how *checks notes* 'alpha' is it when me someone, perhaps from this forum, provides the finances for the purchase of a pushchair for your someone's young one? That must be pretty 'alpha', right? And by extension, where does that leave you the receiver? Are they now 'beta'? These nonsense labels sure are hard to follow!

Popcorn is out!!!!!

Associate
I don't know, there are people who are the same age, can't make thier relationshop work but there are couples who have a age difference of 10-15 years work. I think it purely comes down to the couple.

Soldato
I met my gf when I was 36 and she was 39, when she turned 40 I told her we had to split because going out with a 40 year old woman would be disgusting.

We're still together 6 years later :)

Soldato

Love you need a better note taker, my one informs me that - you lost a bet to yours truly. That Trump would be POTUS. If he lost I would hang my cocksure head in shame and leave the forum forever.

However he won and became the greatest president forever and ever. Credit to you, you did pay out and bought my son a train (which sadly is now full of the wives karelian ginger hair and stopped working) and some other goodies. (Not a pushchair)

Isn't it the most Alpha thing ever, another man buying your kids Christmas presents, like the 1 in 10 men raising a child they presume is theirs.

Popcorn is out!!!!!
I'd ask for some but China flu and all that

Caporegime
Love you need a better note taker, my one informs me that - you lost a bet to yours truly. That Trump would be POTUS. If he lost I would hang my cocksure head in shame and leave the forum forever.

It's coming back to me now :)

However he won

He did, I was wrong.

and became the greatest president forever and ever.

I like the playful tone even though I know you mean it :)

Credit to you, you did pay out and bought my son a train (which sadly is now full of the wives karelian ginger hair and stopped working) and some other goodies. (Not a pushchair)

That's my mistake, so apologies for getting it wrong. I was sure we'd agreed I'd buy a pushchair but didn't check (and haven't since checked) our correspondence. I'd trust your recollection over mine on this one though.

Isn't it the most Alpha thing ever, another man buying your kids Christmas presents, like the 1 in 10 men raising a child they presume is theirs.

Do I have a bombshell announcement for you!

(no, I do not, I hope you and family are well :) )

Back
Top Bottom