• HomePod mini - Yes

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • HomePod mini - No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HomePod mini - Possibly, I'll wait and see what the reviews are like first

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Well after buying the mini and it’s basically been off since the first week I used it ( I use mostly headphones) , I’ve now decided to buy a 2nd for stereo mode and Apple 4k tv use. Bored moment lol. So will test in on Tuesday. It’s a real shame these are battery powered , but I’ve got 12 sockets behind my tv.... should have space lol.

anyone got experience in using them for movies / music as a pair ?

Soldato
Couldn’t tell you. We were powering the demo ones in such manner at work .. but lockdown .. never really got a chance to test the duration

the powerbank must output 20w though like the plug does.

Quick google has people with 20k banks running 5-8 days with 8hrs a day usage

Associate
Ive finally set up two Mini's as a stero pair, and can confirm they sound really nice on my desk. Vocals hit you centrally while the rest is coming out from the sides.

Now I'm trying to figure out whether two Mini's sound better than a single regular Homepod. The extra bass from the OG version is very much appreciated, but at the same time not overly necessary for working at my desk.

Decisions decisions.

Associate
Ive finally set up two Mini's as a stero pair, and can confirm they sound really nice on my desk. Vocals hit you centrally while the rest is coming out from the sides.

Now I'm trying to figure out whether two Mini's sound better than a single regular Homepod. The extra bass from the OG version is very much appreciated, but at the same time not overly necessary for working at my desk.

Decisions decisions.

Can the stereo pair be used as MacBook speakers?

I often airplay to a HomePod for podcasts and music, a stereo pair in the office would be nice upgrade

Soldato
Ok... finally got my 2nd mini.... and managed to pair them in stereo... 2 questions tho.

initially I was able to tell Siri to play music from my iTunes account. I don’t have an Apple Music sub , it the music I’ve bought on iTunes. If I ask Siri to play them it says the song doesn’t exist... it worked fine when I used 1 mini. The new mini is controlling the pairing and is the only speaker that talk when I talk to it. Is that normal ?

Also can I use my tv / minis together for normal tv viewing?

Associate
So even though I've got a full 5.1 Sonos set up in the living room, I'm considering picking up another HomePod for the living room purely for the fact that I don't have to have my phone around to activate Siri to play some music.

Overkill?

Associate
No, not at all but if you're not going to use it to actually play music then get a mini, not the full size one.

I don't think there's a single room in my house now apart from the bathroom that doesn't have a HomePod of some kind.

No I'd play music from it - the current scenario is that if we play music it's generally done via the Music app on the TV, which means having the TV on (which it normally is what with 2 kids and multiple lockdowns under the belt now)...

Plus it would be there for the smart home stuff as well.

But then I normally do have some form of i device with me at any given time (iPhone or iPad) so I could just muddle along with the Sonos app or just airplay the music I guess...

I definitely want to get a Mini for my daughters room at some point - she's got a Nest mini in there at present as I got it for free, but having multiple assistants is just confusing for everyone.

Soldato
No, not at all but if you're not going to use it to actually play music then get a mini, not the full size one.

I don't think there's a single room in my house now apart from the bathroom that doesn't have a HomePod of some kind.
Really tempted to replace my google home minis/hub and normal hub with homepods.

Associate
Really tempted to replace my google home minis/hub and normal hub with homepods.

I did this. Siri compared to Google’s assistant is, well, dismal at best if you want to ask it for anything outside of its limited commands/capability. Besides that though, the sound quality, privacy, Airplay capability and HomeKit integration is really nice.

Back
Top Bottom