What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Films I actually finished recently. Worth a watch you may not like them all of course

The Dig (Best one by far)
Soul (Nice)
The Boss (Good action time loop film)
News of the World (Another good Tom hanks film)
Love and Monsters (Probably watch again)
Monster Hunter (Game franchise is enough to put people off - Not that bad)
Nomadland (Film format but real people telling their story - interesting)
Schools Out Forever (Better than I expected)
Alive (Only Korean film of this ilk worth watching. The rest are too hammy for me)

WW 1984 (Meh)

Soldato
I have hardly watched any movies recently, Alive, Soul, Tenet - i am finding TV shows are much better. Similar budgets, characters and plot have more time to be fleshed out etc.

Caporegime
Flora & Ulysses

Watched largely because my wife is a sucker for a CGI squirrel. It's a mostly charming family movie, if very much for the kids. I'm not sure why so many family films cast animal control as evil, or why animators animate all cute animals by mixing dogs and cats, but it was funny in places and watchable enough if not really my cup of tea. I imagine if you have kids of the right age to enjoy it, it'd be a decent family watch.

For the children 6/10.

Caporegime
War of the Worlds 2005

It's a pity that Dakota Fanning's character wasn't thrown down the hole the first Alien tripod comes out of, the movie would have been more bearable without her constant shrieking and irritating dialogue.

Caporegime
Godzilla: King of Monsters

I think Godzilla movies suffer from being big budget. Without the B-movie charm, you're left with a set of characters you don't care about in an overly long movie that really only has spectacle to carry it along.

Missable 5/10

Back
Top Bottom