What is wrong at Chelsea?

Soldato
After getting rid of Frank Lampard I assumed Chelsea would change style and up the tempo but after watching the last few games they still just pass side to side then backwards, maybe put a cross in now and then but other than that as an attacking force they seem so lacklustre.

Is it lack of passion, work rate or have the fans bought the hype on a lot of average players?

Of course Tuchel needs at least till next weekend before they get a new ringmaster at the circus.

Soldato
After getting rid of Frank Lampard I assumed Chelsea would change style and up the tempo but after watching the last few games they still just pass side to side then backwards, maybe put a cross in now and then but other than that as an attacking force they seem so lacklustre.

Is it lack of passion, work rate or have the fans bought the hype on a lot of average players?

Of course Tuchel needs at least till next weekend before they get a new ringmaster at the circus.

The weekend!!??

They signed players like they were playing FIFA ultimate team and are now struggling to fit them all in. It will take time.

I am a bit puzzled as to why he's calling the players out all the time tho...

Associate
I don't get why he's doing it...did he do it in France??
Maybe now he has the freedom to do it. After being stuck with a bunch of pouty drama queens maybe he feels he can properly express himself and his opinions.

PSG must be pretty frustrating in that regard. Cant speak bad about Neymar or he'll pick up a phantom injury and run off to Brazil crying etc.

Caporegime
Ever since Hazard left they have declined creatively but they're still 5th in the table so it's not exactly panic stations.

Man of Honour
He's barely got his feet under the table, let's see how he gets on next season. When it comes to 'lacklustre attacking force' I'd say maybe there is a slight personnel issue; for whatever reason Werner doesn't seem to be cutting the mustard, Giroud is a decent centreforward but not the quickest, Abraham in and out of the team, and I think they have really missed Pulisic who I thought was excellent last season in terms of someone who would run with pace at defenders, making things happen.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Ever since Hazard left they have declined creatively but they're still 5th in the table so it's not exactly panic stations.

Its hard to judge people this season because there are a lot of teams that are underperforming massively but they are being saved by the general quality of the league this season.

If you put the classic top teams in the league into most seasons with these points totals after 25 games:

United 49
Chelsea 43
Liverpool 40
Tottenham 36
Arsenal 34

They wouldn't be having awful seasons. Some other teams are having decent seasons by their standards but the big clubs are almost all having quite sub-par seasons that are being mitigated by everyone else being equally as inconsistent. In a normal season, all 5 of those managers would be under a lot of pressure (excluding Chelsea obviously).

fez

fez

Caporegime
United will be a test according to some but I myself have written this season off and will judge Tuchel after the opening game of next season!

:p How very sporting of you. “Right, he’s lost the first game of the season, I’ve seen enough, get rid of him!”.

Today’s game is anyone’s Ole will do his normal tactics of trying not to lose against any of the other big 6 and hoping that his negative tactics somehow result in a win. We will probably be talking after the game about how we should have gone for the win. 1-1 draw written all over it.

Caporegime
your transfer activity has been poor for the last couple of years. Lukaku and Saul were disasters, Cucurella is decent but no better than Chilwell, Koulibaly looks lost, and the rest of the signings are far from ready. And now you’re gonna pay silly money for a young defender who hasn’t even played a full prem season.

Havertz, Mount and Mendy are sorely underperforming and some of the stalwarts like Kante, Azpi and Silva are just long in the tooth now.

Persinally, I think Boehly has come in and is trying to get too involved in a sport he knows sod all about.

I doubt the recent upheaval has done them any favours either. The club seems in a strange kind of limbo atm.

Soldato
The thing most wrong with Chelsea is Jorginho getting hit in the face by a ball at about 2mph and going down like he's just took a shot from Mike Tyson. Absolutely pathetic, get a grip you wet flannel.

Soldato
OP
The thing most wrong with Chelsea is Jorginho getting hit in the face by a ball at about 2mph and going down like he's just took a shot from Mike Tyson. Absolutely pathetic, get a grip you wet flannel.
I get that fully(he is a joke and a liability) , but if he had squared up to matey after getting the ball kicked in his face then the fella would have got booked, but his actions stopped the ref giving a booking I'd say and that's wrong.

Soldato
OP
your transfer activity has been poor for the last couple of years. Lukaku and Saul were disasters, Cucurella is decent but no better than Chilwell, Koulibaly looks lost, and the rest of the signings are far from ready. And now you’re gonna pay silly money for a young defender who hasn’t even played a full prem season.

Havertz, Mount and Mendy are sorely underperforming and some of the stalwarts like Kante, Azpi and Silva are just long in the tooth now.

Persinally, I think Boehly has come in and is trying to get too involved in a sport he knows sod all about.

I doubt the recent upheaval has done them any favours either. The club seems in a strange kind of limbo atm.
I don't just wonder about the signings but the manager also, he has no plan B, he seems to not see when players are dead on their feet, he refuses to play a proper striker, let alone give one a chance.

He also plays the most boring football I've seen in my 35ish years of watching Chelsea.

Soldato
Hope FIFA or some governing body one day clamps down on the silly play acting and issues punishments. 15 minute sin bins for dives or faking things like that. Ruining the game.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Hope FIFA or some governing body one day clamps down on the silly play acting and issues punishments. 15 minute sin bins for dives or faking things like that. Ruining the game.

They have been far better about it this season to be fair. They don't punish it but they do let games run far far more than they used to. The big issue is still consistency however.

Players act up and try to get opposition players booked because it works. If it stopped working they would stop doing it. Watching Sterling last night he won so many fouls from the old "feel contact" and jump in the air trick. When you watch it in slow motion its embarrassing to see the slightest of shirt pulls and suddenly the feet come up and down he goes. He kept getting those free kicks though so...

Soldato
OP
They have been far better about it this season to be fair. They don't punish it but they do let games run far far more than they used to. The big issue is still consistency however.

Players act up and try to get opposition players booked because it works. If it stopped working they would stop doing it. Watching Sterling last night he won so many fouls from the old "feel contact" and jump in the air trick. When you watch it in slow motion its embarrassing to see the slightest of shirt pulls and suddenly the feet come up and down he goes. He kept getting those free kicks though so...
For me it's more infuriating when players have been fouled but don't get anything because they didn't go down, it breeds diving.

Back
Top Bottom