PC crashes

Associate
Built a new AMD pc and finding i'm having crashes every now and again.

PC is pretty much 5800x clocked to a steady 4.5ghz @1.26v, this is paired with a x570 tomahawk mobo and a 6800 MBA reference card.

I've tried leaving cpu on auto and still get crashes.. These are crashes when gaming/streaming and sometimes it completely resets the PC..

Temps are never above 60-65 degrees c so I know the pc isn't over heating.

Any help appreciated.. I'm never entirely sure what to look at on event logger.

Associate
OP
Turned off all overclocking. I've literally tried everything I can think of with this.

I can be playing/streaming for several hours then 'crash/pc restarts'.. and sometimes it can happen within a few minutes.

It appears to have no logic to it, I've tried everything default.. temps on gpu/cpu are always absolutely fine. Have to now start wondering if PSU/CPU is the problem..

Everything I've built in this PC is brand new.

Soldato
Do you have the PC on a UPS? If not, what else is on the same power circuit as the PC? And what is on the other side of the wall from the PC?

Fridge? Oven? Boiler? Really, anything high current or high EMI?

Associate
OP
I would try a different PSU if you have access to one.

Sometimes it can be the obvious things.

I'll go back to previous release bios and see how that holds up.

Here's an interesting extra thing I've noticed, playing games I get great fps and although pc crashes (only on warzone) its equally great fps.. but recently on 3dmark benchmark tests I've noticed my gpu behaves very weirdly and sometimes tests fine and other times produces ridiculously low scores.. very strange.

Associate
One- last night. Skylines bombed out, hard reset mid-game.
I've crashed Skylines many a time, usually mod-related, but this was a known good setup which I'd been playing for months without issue on my 2700X.

Will wind RAM down to 3200MHz and go again. Aside from this, it's been rock solid, but I spend a lot of time on Skylines, so...

If this fixes it I'll report back...

Back
Top Bottom