**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Google Chrome has become more of a liability on most platforms these days. It apparently uses 10x more RAM on a Mac than Safari.
I’ve abandoned it on all my devices now. Yes you lose a small aspect of cross device synchronicity but I never relied all that much on that feature anyway.

Associate
I see a toggle in the settings for light/dark mode. Doesn't that work?

Edit nevermind, I just tried switching off system dark mode and the option in the browser becomes greyed out :/

Soldato
I've just upgraded from my Oneplus 6 to the S21 Ultra, should arrive sometime this week. First grumble... No charger on a £1200 phone :/
Read about Chrome not working very well... Will Samsung browser be as seamless to use with my Google acc for passwords etc as Chrome is?

Soldato
I've just upgraded from my Oneplus 6 to the S21 Ultra, should arrive sometime this week. First grumble... No charger on a £1200 phone :/
Read about Chrome not working very well... Will Samsung browser be as seamless to use with my Google acc for passwords etc as Chrome is?

to be fair - Charger in the box would probably just be left in the box - got loads of various cables/chargers lying around so don't need another one.

Soldato
to be fair - Charger in the box would probably just be left in the box - got loads of various cables/chargers lying around so don't need another one.

To charge it at the advertised fast charging speed you need that particular charger. Hardly any PPS chargers out there.

It should be optional. The amount of extra resources wasted in making a separate order is ridiculous.

Soldato
To charge it at the advertised fast charging speed you need that particular charger. Hardly any PPS chargers out there.

It should be optional. The amount of extra resources wasted in making a separate order is ridiculous.

I watched this video when it dropped and it does make you think.
The only thing I would say (which he doesn’t address) is that although yes there is extra packaging for the separate options but most people will only buy the accessories once and then stick with them.
Personally I highly doubt I’d be purchasing a separate charger every time I change phone or earphones for that matter. With the exception of my 7T Pro I couldn’t tell you the last time I unboxed the included charger with my phone. Likewise I’m still rocking my Gen1 AirPods and Samsung over ear cans that must be coming up on 6 years old now.
So in the long run I don’t think it’s quite as alarming - but still an eye opener.

Soldato
I watched this video when it dropped and it does make you think.
The only thing I would say (which he doesn’t address) is that although yes there is extra packaging for the separate options but most people will only buy the accessories once and then stick with them.
Personally I highly doubt I’d be purchasing a separate charger every time I change phone or earphones for that matter. With the exception of my 7T Pro I couldn’t tell you the last time I unboxed the included charger with my phone. Likewise I’m still rocking my Gen1 AirPods and Samsung over ear cans that must be coming up on 6 years old now.
So in the long run I don’t think it’s quite as alarming - but still an eye opener.

As mentioned it should be optional and maybe an extra fiver at point of purchase with a phone.

You only need to go on amazon and see the plethora of chargers they sell. The demand is there. If companies cared about the environment we'd all be using an industry standard of chargers. One premium 30W fast model and one standard 10W job.

Companies not surprisingly only care about their bottom line.

Last edited:
Soldato

As mentioned it should be optional and maybe an extra fiver at point of purchase with a phone.

You only need to go on amazon and see the plethora of chargers they sell. The demand is there. If companies cared about the environment we'd all be using an industry standard of chargers. One premium 30W fast model and one standard 10W job.

Companies not surprisingly only care about their bottom line.

I agree we aall know thats the case. in my option the cable provided is shorter then they use to offer, plus the old chargers normally go with the old phone, so unless you kept it you will need a new one.

Has everyone who was trading in a device sent theirs back? Still haven't received my trade in pack despite letting them know multiple times.
im still waiting for my gifts, ive had no update in 2 weeks

Back
Top Bottom