MSI B460M-VDH motherboard new build issue

Soldato
Got a bit of a problem here, I'm doing a build using an MSI B460-VDH mobo, and i5 10400f. The issue is when everything is plugged in and turned on all the fans spin up, the white LED on the motherboard comes on, but nothing happens, no image on the screen, no beeps, nothing. Now I reckon its probably a motherboard problem so I ordered another B460 (not MSI just in case) which gets here Tuesday, BUT I've heard these 460 chipset mobos have issues with booting/posting with certain ram types. I've tried, 4gb, 8bg, 16gb, in different ram slots, variations of speeds as well, 2400, 3000, 3200 and 3466 mhz and various configs of those as well, still nowt.,
It could be the cpu, but I've got to start somewhere and the mobo is the likeliest candidate, but if anyone has any inside info on these boards, can they let me know as apparently they're Ram sensitive so I've been told?

Soldato
OP
Ok, got it working at last! It was a bit of a faff but got there in the end as it appears theres a couple of issues that need to be addressed.
I had to pull out the cmos battery and leave it for 20 minutes, refit the battery, install the ram stick in the "second" dimm slot to the right of the cpu socket, and it only worked with 2400mhz memory speed! Once in the bios, I was able to switch off, install some decent ram, restart, and all is now good. Never had to do this on a Ryzen board but there you go

Back
Top Bottom