** Diablo 4 Thread **

Soldato
OP
I really liked Diablo 3 game play and characters, but the story was "meh" and the itemisation was God awful.

I can see Diablo 2 Resurrected pulling loads of interest though, but there'll also be a 12 - 18 month gap between that coming out and Diablo 4.

Permabanned
ew the game has those spinning ground thingies from d3 u have to avoid. I think those totally ruin the diablo feel.

also has the mosquitos that I don't like too.

Last edited:
Soldato
ew the game has those spinning ground thingies from d3 u have to avoid. I think those totally ruin the diablo feel.

also has the mosquitos that I don't like too.

Same. Few things are more infuriating than being on a map that's inside tunnels or inside a dungeon and having a boss with the Arcane Sentry, Molten and Minion suffixes show up.

And I really hope they've done away with having move and your main attack on the LMB.

Last edited:
Soldato
Having watched plenty of content on both D4 and D2R now, I wouldn't at all be surprised if D2R becomes more popular than D4.

D4 being the dumbed down new generation diablo, while D2R actually being a good solid ARPG thats easy to play, difficult to master.

Soldato
D4 being the dumbed down new generation diablo, while D2R actually being a good solid ARPG thats easy to play, difficult to master.

D2 reminds me of Classic WoW, people said it was hard, that you'll never clear Naxx and so much more but it all got steamrolled. I don't recall Diablo 2 ever being hard to master, especially when there's games like PoE that really are hard to master.

Soldato
OP
Diablo 2 was always really easy. It'd be nice if they added further difficulty levels like they do with D3. You can kind-of get it with x8 in D2.

Diablo 4 I'm hoping and expecting it to be difficult, either by default or with scaling difficulty from their variant of how they are going to doing rifts. I missed the difficulty of D3 before they introduced Loot 2.0, and I'm hoping they aren't scared to introduce really hard challenges in Diablo 4.

Last edited:
Soldato
Diablo 2 was always really easy. It'd be nice if they added further difficulty levels like they do with D3. You can kind-of get it with x8 in D2.
D2 was difficult for me, only because my dad would pickup the phone which would disconnect me, I remember the arguments we'd got into lol

Permabanned
I wouldn't at all be surprised if D2R becomes more popular than D4.

I think it will be on PC. D2R is the D3 we all wanted anyway.

There are some things I liked about D3 though. The Auction House (sorry) as well as the rifts and difficulty tiers. Hope they pad out D2R with something similar, the latter aspect anyway.

Soldato
I think it will be on PC. D2R is the D3 we all wanted anyway.

There are some things I liked about D3 though. The Auction House (sorry) as well as the rifts and difficulty tiers. Hope they pad out D2R with something similar, the latter aspect anyway.

They said there's currently no plans to add/change anything from the latest patch of D2.

Associate
Yeah I did, I played since beta. Got up to Act 4 pre-nerf, but couldn't get Diablo down before the nerfs. I liked the difficulty, but the itemisation was poor.

It's a completely different game now. Especially with adventure mode, rifts, kanai's cube and primal/ancient legendaries.

Back
Top Bottom