Back seat kickers

Associate
lol the seat!

just dance over the plastic with heat gun few inches away quickly flicking it on and off the stops should melt the scuffs and blend

Man of Honour
I put those car seat back storage covers on. They’re a bit of an eyesore but they usefully keep all of the kids crap in one place and protect the seat backs. Something like this:
eMBPW4M.jpg

Having a long wheel base car helps too.

Soldato
just dance over the plastic with heat gun few inches away quickly flicking it on and off the stops should melt the scuffs and blend
with your PCP'd car ? ... but, maybe there is an acceptable return level of child induced wear and tear.

Soldato
Shoes off in the car.

Or... rear facing seat with a seat cover.

By the way... children up to the age of 6 should really be in a rear facing seat.

God knows why people ignore the science and have them facing the front.

Soldato
Shoes off in the car.

By the way... children up to the age of 6 should really be in a rear facing seat.

Because their legs would be touching the ceiling? I'm not convinced on it tbh, might be better if you hit someone, but if you get rear ended its going to be worse surely?

Caporegime
Because their legs would be touching the ceiling? I'm not convinced on it tbh, might be better if you hit someone, but if you get rear ended its going to be worse surely?

It is 100% a comfort thing. Not all cars and not all kids are the same size. My little lad's knees would be in his throat if he had to sit backwards in my car.

Associate
Shoes off in the car.

One of ours cried constantly in the car, until she exhausted herself to sleep. I'm not exaggerating at all, imagine driving for an hour, after a days slog of a family outing to ear splitting screams of a baby... when when she started facing the front (we already had the seat... stupid enough to do this more than once) it was much better. i'd leave the kid behind before putting her in a rear facing seat again. The science is all well and good, but you cant see them properly from the front either, even with the silly mirror thing.
our biggest kicks the back of the seat, drives me mad! when i look in the back of the Leon estate (much better than a people carrier if you have two small kids by the way) i remember why they dont go in the Alfa.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
The idea that my 6 year old or his friends would be in rear facing seats...LOL. His feet would be up in the air over the seats and into the boot :p

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Shoes off in the car.

6?? Impossible.
Our kids outgrew their Concord Reverso at about 2.
Max weight is 18kg, and max height is 105cm...

Soldato
6?? Impossible.
Our kids outgrew their Concord Reverso at about 2.
Max weight is 18kg, and max height is 105cm...
I didn't even think of weight, that was the reason I moved my son from harness to seat belt at 3 or so. The kids love being able to see, I would love to see somebody try to fold a 6 year old into a rear facing seat. My point about direction is that logical for every car hitting the back of another, there's got to be a car getting rear ended so I guess it depends on whether you trust yourself more than the other morons in the road.

Associate
to be fair, she hasnt kicked the seat hard so i feel it when driving for a while now. but we recently had a very muddy walk in the countryside, and there is mud everywhere in the back of the car.

All kids are different mate, mine are just hard work, most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom