Valheim

Soldato
First boss is as thick as mince.

Kite him with your bow and when he stomps and is about to use his ability to fire lightning just pop up your shield then switch back to bow.

Soldato
I think when building/crafting, if you are not carrying a necessary resourse for what you're trying to make, BUT there is a chest within say 6ft containing, then it should automatically be taken from there!

ie: So a chest next to Forge could contain a stock pile of the metals you need at that forge and be automatically used, saving you busy working picking up stuff from that chest...

You could use a ship to transport it, or even a cart. Even the cart can carry a few hundred ore
Understood. Maybe there should be a map/gameworld/server option to allow metal to be teleported or not, so folks can play more to their liking?

I'd rather have one central home, with really simple camps I teleport to. I don't want to have to mirror crafting grind/build over and over at every new camp etc?

Man of Honour
Understood. Maybe there should be a map/gameworld/server option to allow metal to be teleported or not, so folks can play more to their liking?

I'd rather have one central home, with really simple camps I teleport to. I don't want to have to mirror crafting grind/build over and over at every new camp etc?

We just sail the resources back to our main base, or we cart it, makes for a fun expedition :)

Cant say that I would personally want to just portal about everywhere rather than journey (reminds me too much of one of the things that ruined MMOs by totally negating the gameworld and just having people sat in a city and beaming around to dungeons etc) but I wouldnt be against there being a serverside option for those people who want to play it that way. Just as long as its not an enforced on everyone change.

Soldato
I just cant beat the first boss. Using the flint knife, wooden shield and got the armor, fully rested and fed. My health just drops and i cant eat yet.

I used the tower shield (level 2) and the flint pike. I was using level 2 leather outfit.

The tower shield blocked his attacks and then I kept stabbing him for 2 or 3 times with the pike.. rinse and repeat.

Associate
Didn't think that I would like this game, but ended up getting it after 2 friends mentioned it, and not been able to put it down. Put in over 20 hours already. Its been a long time since I have stayed up so late to play a game.

Quite enjoy playing it single player, but when we get a chance we are all trying to play together.

Not sure whether to take on the 2nd boss on my own, or wait until we can all do it together.

Soldato
I just cant beat the first boss. Using the flint knife, wooden shield and got the armor, fully rested and fed. My health just drops and i cant eat yet.
You should be able to do it simply by hiding/ducking/running out of range, and firing arrows. Ensure you've got three foods eaten and ideally rested too to get your max health up.

Don't forget if you press R you put your current weapon away making you move more efficiently.

So get a reasonable distance away, shoot an arrow or two, dash/walk away, repeat :)

Soldato
I got cocky with a troll over the weekend, who hit me and killed me right outside my lovely new house.

I respawned in the house so the troll was then bashing his way through my defenses to get to me. I tried ducking out to get to my old equipment, and first time the troll killed me again, but second attempt I finally managed to get my stuff, equip, and then kill the blighter.

Half my house was half flattened. Beds and benches smashed. Chests smashed. And the next day I even realised some of my fencing had been smashed so all my tame boars had roamed off.

;)

Soldato
Those running the Pi as a dedicated server is it working well? How many players is it coping with?

Id think you need a higher spec than that. The db file gets bigger and bigger with the more stuff you build, so eventually its going to get demanding.

Soldato
Id think you need a higher spec than that. The db file gets bigger and bigger with the more stuff you build, so eventually its going to get demanding.
A few people are running them. I’m just not sure how demanding it is for a Pi 4b 8gb with SSD (and overclocked to 2.0GHz+). My pi should arrive later so I can start setting it up.

Soldato
If its that low spec I might just run it on my laptop 24/7 :D

With an external drive for backup.
It is pretty low. The official dedicated server requirements are:
  • CPU: Quad-core processor (i5 recommended)
  • RAM: 2GB (8GB recommended)
  • Storage: 2GB free hard drive space.
  • Network: 100Mbps minimum (1Gbps recommended)

Soldato
I’m in the I don’t really like survival games camp but I bought this after reading this thread. I am very much enjoying it. I’ve beaten the first boss and am now trying to get those cores so I can make the kiln. I’ve already made the smelter but need 5 more cores for the kiln. Having a hell of a time finding burial chambers.

Sat in one of my camps waiting out a storm as I type.

Soldato
I’m in the I don’t really like survival games camp but I bought this after reading this thread. I am very much enjoying it. I’ve beaten the first boss and am now trying to get those cores so I can make the kiln. I’ve already made the smelter but need 5 more cores for the kiln. Having a hell of a time finding burial chambers.

Sat in one of my camps waiting out a storm as I type.

Yeah, they're well hidden but if you just run around aimlessly, you'll find them. We cleared 4 last night and I think they've found another 5 or so today.

Back
Top Bottom