Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
My IAG is in the green after topping up last week's dip...pretty happy with that position, going to pay back nicely as international travel resumes. Ditto RR.

All my US exposed ETFs have taken a bath this morning though, wiped out all of Friday's gains.

It does feel like the bears are starting to take over....

Soldato
I know people that work there that have shares, if its good enough for them.....

There will be policies that determine when and how you can trade stocks you have insider knowledge of. Ranging from don't to minimum holding terms, disclosure requirements etc.

Breaching these rules is a sackable offence at companies I have worked at, so while it's unlikely you'll get caught, it's not really worth sticking your head in the sand. Just ping your HR department and ask.

Soldato
There will be policies that determine when and how you can trade stocks you have insider knowledge of. Ranging from don't to minimum holding terms, disclosure requirements etc.

Breaching these rules is a sackable offence at companies I have worked at, so while it's unlikely you'll get caught, it's not really worth sticking your head in the sand. Just ping your HR department and ask.

If you are on an insider list, you should know. For example, I am on a list - strict windows of trading, line manager approval and so on. It does create more risk as you will need to hold for longer. If you're uncertain, always worth double checking as mentioned :)

I also have friends at RR, he is not on an insider list and can trade freely.

Soldato
Just had an email from Primary Bid suggesting i've got the full allocation of shares i applied for. I assume they've only limited people who applied for higher amounts. Mine was only a £250 punt.

Hopefully i can transfer them over to Trading 212 from Interactive Investor once they go live.

Soldato
Just had an email from Primary Bid suggesting i've got the full allocation of shares i applied for. I assume they've only limited people who applied for higher amounts. Mine was only a £250 punt.

Hopefully i can transfer them over to Trading 212 from Interactive Investor once they go live.

Reddit has some people talking about getting 5-10% of their amount. Not checked today for more news.

Soldato
It did seem like it was heavily over subscribed so I was surprised but I guess it’s not worth their while to cut mine down given it was so small anyway.

In theory I might just try and flip it on the day and save any hassle transferring to another broker as Interactive Jnvestor are quite expensive.

Soldato

Just checked my email, I got 11% of my allocation. Are you sure you don't have a refund coming? I've not heard of anyone getting full allocation - could be wrong though

Associate
We're in the same position we were in late 2019 when I said on this thread we were due a correction.

Markets are full of new retail money that's got used to easy gains. There'll be a trigger at some point soon that will spook all the retail money and turn into a sharp collapse with repeated circuit breakers as panic sets in.

I was thinking this was 2-3 years away, but all the publicity around the GME nonsense has made it more likely to happen sooner imo. Probably this year given how overheated the markets are atm.

Personally I have so much disposable income at the moment I don't lose either way, big fall? Buy! Continued gains? Win!

Wondering if that Pratt & Whitney exploding this weekend will give RR a bump...
You've put into words what I was thinking. The retail in-out seems pretty correlated with bull and bear movement. Cause or effect I'm not sure, but it looks like a pretty good indicator from my perspective.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Argo taking a right kicking at the moment. Inevitable it was going to retrace from such aggressive appreciation Going to try and catch this on the bounce. Could be an expensive mistake.

Back
Top Bottom