Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Argo taking a right kicking at the moment. Inevitable it was going to retrace from such aggressive appreciation Going to try and catch this on the bounce. Could be an expensive mistake.

Is the only reason to invest in Argo because it's currently the only way you can technically invest in Bitcoin whilst having it in an ISA ? I can't see any other reason to invest as you're basically investing on the value of crypto rising so why not just buy crypto out right ?

I guess you could say the same for mining companies vs investing in the minerals they mine as well ? But I guess at least mining corps will pay dividends ?

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Is the only reason to invest in Argo because it's currently the only way you can technically invest in Bitcoin whilst having it in an ISA ? I can't see any other reason to invest as you're basically investing on the value of crypto rising so why not just buy crypto out right ?

I guess you could say the same for mining companies vs investing in the minerals they mine as well ? But I guess at least mining corps will pay dividends ?
Yeah pretty much this. I was looking more to trade the momentum.

anyway it was 20% down and moved up to -3%before I could get my ducks in a row to place an order. Ah well....

Edit:Agree it is quite cheap next to its peers even at £2.80 tho

I’ve also added some RR to my SIPP. Also looking at the travel sector as a whole as I think the news from Scotland on COVID vaccine effectiveness in terms of hospital admissions could be significant in restoring confidence in the travel sector

Soldato
Is anyone buying airline stocks or anything similar in hopes of tonights announcement?
I have some positions in Delta DAL bought a few days ago at $43.91, typing this, its up at $48.36, around 10%, thinking I'll hold and see if I can hit 20% then bank profits.

Soldato
I have some positions in Delta DAL bought a few days ago at $43.91, typing this, its up at $48.36, around 10%, thinking I'll hold and see if I can hit 20% then bank profits.

RR and IAG and longer term plays for me, expecting triple-digit gains in the next few years. Both taken off today up 5%+

Caporegime
That's the news I was waiting for.
Pleased with my cine/ezj
Particularly happy with the plan to buy cine as I thought good news was imminent. And wanted in before it was too priced in

I own shares in only ezj, cine, av.

Ezj. Might be long term
Av. Definitely long term. Got in at a great price for dividend when it increases (13 percent without the cu )
Cine. Probably a short term .

Soldato
RR and IAG and longer term plays for me, expecting triple-digit gains in the next few years. Both taken off today up 5%+

Transferred a big amount of my S&S ISA into IAG back in early Jan and enjoying the green at the moment!

Plan to hold until international travel is back to some type of "normal!"

Also bought some CCIV back when it was at $23 and topped up at $39, hopefully they'll announce their merger with Lucid tomorrow!

Becoming a bit addicted to EV and fintech SPACs at the moment! :D

Caporegime
Just checked.

50 percent up on AV
65 percent up on Ezj
15 percent up on Cine (only had these a couple of weeks)

Between crypto and S&S I feel almost guilty at the percent gains the last 12 months compared to numerous people losing there jobs.

Just a shame I had to start from scratch after house purchase. I dropped all way down to wk of btc in March 2020

I've not even done that well. Compared to m many

Starting to see how people get addicted to this and never spend it. Anything you spend can't gain ! :o

Associate
Just checked.

50 percent up on AV
65 percent up on Ezj
15 percent up on Cine (only had these a couple of weeks)

Between crypto and S&S I feel almost guilty at the percent gains the last 12 months compared to numerous people losing there jobs.

Just a shame I had to start from scratch after house purchase. I dropped all way down to wk of btc in March 2020

I've not even done that well. Compared to m many

Starting to see how people get addicted to this and never spend it. Anything you spend can't gain ! :o

Just remember what goes up, can come down!

I've seen a lot of people complaining of late that they had to sell as hit their 20% stop/loss figure. When I looked at the volatility of the share prior to their purchase/sale, the stock had significantly increased in the past year due to a change in wind towards more environmentally friendly power solutions. Needless to say it recovered and then some in the days after their sale.

Caporegime
Just remember what goes up, can come down!

I've seen a lot of people complaining of late that they had to sell as hit their 20% stop/loss figure. When I looked at the volatility of the share prior to their purchase/sale, the stock had significantly increased in the past year due to a change in wind towards more environmentally friendly power solutions. Needless to say it recovered and then some in the days after their sale.

Take that negativity elsewhere. :D

I feel at the moment the situation is unprecedented. Like it's one year in many when it's easy to make 50 percent in a year and get in on good dividends. Cine is my most precarious share. I'm surprised it's this high. Even in best times it wasn't a great investment. (imo)

Soldato
I had been looking at American Airlines, but the recent increases in its price have put me off. Same with United. Not looked at the UK airlines really. Europe seems more anti-travel than this side of the Atlantic

Yeah I'm in AAL so happy over here, though the FX impact is -7%!

My biggest gain is still Whitbread, I said back in July but nobody agreed with me :D.

Soldato
Take that negativity elsewhere. :D

I feel at the moment the situation is unprecedented. Like it's one year in many when it's easy to make 50 percent in a year and get in on good dividends. Cine is my most precarious share. I'm surprised it's this high. Even in best times it wasn't a great investment. (imo)

I don't really see the point in buying Cineworld, beyond maybe it being underpriced due to Covid. An industry in decline, where is the growth potential?

Back
Top Bottom