Daft Punk are no more

Man of Honour
I was never a huge fan, but their stuff is terrible catchy so it's definitely sad to see. What struck a chord most with me is the Tron: Legacy Reconfigured, but from what I gather that's such a heavy remix that there isn't much Daft Punk left :p

Soldato
Absolutely gutted :( Have loved pretty much everything they put out - and seeing them live has been on my "bucket list" for years :(

Alive 2007 is still probably my favourite ever live album

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

They were never really my go-to genre, but I have 4 of their albums which says a lot.

I’d go so far as to say that the classic albums (homework, discovery etc) stand alone but for me their success comes from the less well thought of stuff. For instance, their tracks made Tron Legacy 10x better than it should have been. Some great music in that film.

Soldato
They were never really my go-to genre, but I have 4 of their albums which says a lot.

I’d go so far as to say that the classic albums (homework, discovery etc) stand alone but for me their success comes from the less well thought of stuff. For instance, their tracks made Tron Legacy 10x better than it should have been. Some great music in that film.
Yeah the soundtrack to the latest Tron film really made it. That moment they fight in the club with the home cinema blasting is amazing.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
They have such small output for a band so seemingly popular.

Discovery is great, the rest of the albums are a bit patchy. Does anyone regularly listen to Human After All?!

I think there was something very slick about their publishing and promotion that made them a household name, in addition to their music.

Justice are much better as a whole IMO.

Anyone who enjoys Daft Punk should check out Planisphere by Justice - pronto :cool:

Edit: here you go.

Last edited:
Soldato

Discovery is great, the rest of the albums are a bit patchy. Does anyone regularly listen to Human After All?!

I think there was something very slick about their publishing and promotion that made them a household name, in addition to their music.

Homework is a masterpiece too IMO but Alive and Alive 2007 really showcase what they’re all about. Takes everything up a notch and the HAA tracks somehow make sense pitched against the other stuff. They definitely tailed off towards the end but signing off with Get Lucky was a pretty good way to bow out - they just made awesome pop music it was somehow cool to like.

Totally gutted I never saw them live.

Man of Honour
Homework is a masterpiece too IMO but Alive and Alive 2007 really showcase what they’re all about. Takes everything up a notch and the HAA tracks somehow make sense pitched against the other stuff. They definitely tailed off towards the end but signing off with Get Lucky was a pretty good way to bow out - they just made awesome pop music it was somehow cool to like.

Totally gutted I never saw them live.
Yeah the live version of the HAA songs are much better I agree.

Just because of your namesake... the solo at the end of Planisphere.... yessss (see the video above from 13:00ish) :D

Really, really recommend that you check out Justice if your not familiar. All of their albums are excellent.

Caporegime

Justice are much better as a whole IMO.

Anyone who enjoys Daft Punk should check out Planisphere by Justice - pronto :cool:

Edit: here you go.

Honestly I haven't been able to listen to any of their older albums since I heard Alive. I just listen to that now. Agreed with you though, Justice are incredible. Their latest live album is basically the spiritual successor to Alive 2007.

Soldato
Yeah the live version of the HAA songs are much better I agree.

Just because of your namesake... the solo at the end of Planisphere.... yessss (see the video above from 13:00ish) :D

Really, really recommend that you check out Justice if your not familiar. All of their albums are excellent.

Good call, I Love Justice, seen them live 3 times now and every time has been immense. A bit like DP their albums can be patchy but live everything makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom