• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Aorus Master / Extreme (3080+3090) Thread

Associate
Just got my weekly queue position update. Not moved a single place... Still position 47 as I was last week....
Why are no cards being sent out?

Last edited:
Associate
Just got my weekly queue position update. Not moved a single place... Still position 47 as I was last week....
Why are no cards being sent out?

Chinese new year, for like a month most factorys will shutdown for the holidays

Apparantly your looking for the 3080 extreme, if so according to gibbo there waiting for 11 to be shipped out, was only 4 a week ago, still miles off getting one.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow. I wonder what went wrong with the 3090. The 3080 Xtreme is in line with the the other results there, even when on the OC profile.

each cooler has a maximum capacity it can reasonably cool and when you exceed it, temps begin to rapidly ramp up for every extra watt. Like imaging that a cpu cooler is designed to cool 150w effectively - now changing your cpu from drawing 140 to 150w is going to have a smaller effect on temps and then going from 150 to 160w.

I
noticed this on my own Strix 3090 where the cooler is really good up to 400w and as soon as I go above that the temps get crazy real quick. That's what's happening to the 3090 extreme, the cooler is being pushed passed it's peak cooling capacity - Gigabyte is pushing too many watts through its gpu and the cooler can't keep up. You'd think with a 4 slot card that gigabyte would have the best temps but not even close, it seems things like heatpipes, mounting, airflow pathways, fan design, material choices have a greater impact than simply making your heatsink slightly thicker

Associate
:eek: If am reading that right they only got 50 Aorus Xtreme 3090's :eek:

To paraphrase you, no you are reading this wrong, as you are assuming all movement are cards. By Gibbos own words "Gigabyte 3090 Extreme - 48 back orders - 9 overdue (21 shipped so far)"
Source: the second 15th of january post in the link below
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...ries-how-to-cancel-your-order.18899277/page-6

You have not yet begun to imagin how bad it is.

Though i'd more or less say those 9 have come in as i have moved 10 positions in this month, so 30, still a bit shy of your 50 though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Let me get this straight.

You guys had almost 2k tied to a pre-order for almost 5 months, with no product yet being delivered?

That is, well, how can I put this nicely, nuts.

this year has been crazy - I've been looking at shipments for amd cpu, Nvidia gpu and amd gpu and they all have the same lead times - if you ordered in January you were told to wait till April - the entire 1st quarter of this year is an absolute stock dead zone there is just absolutely nothing

Soldato
this year has been crazy - I've been looking at shipments for amd cpu, Nvidia gpu and amd gpu and they all have the same lead times - if you ordered in January you were told to wait till April - the entire 1st quarter of this year is an absolute stock dead zone there is just absolutely nothing

Just to update my post, it's even worse now - stock eta for some cards pushed out past June. Ouch - order a Gigabyte Aorus 3080 or Any Asus 3080 and you'll be waiting 6 months for a card

Associate
after testing this card 3090 xtreme i think 3080 will be the same

it has very poor cooling on the vrm and a thin metal back plate so ram quickly overheats.

it cant even mine above +300/400 mem oc

port royal seems to max out at 1000/1100.

overall not great.
core seems ok 2133mhz average

Associate
still on queue 19..been stuck at this since the 1st of march now :(

You can use this thread to check the current stock situation, only the 3090master has received 4pc this month.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...ncel-your-order.18899277/page-8#post-34640633

I've been stuck at 17th for the 3090xtreme for the same duration, it's looking like acquiring it in June, math of 33 over 6 months = 17 in 3 right???. Gigabyte defiantly increased production for the 3070's as noted by the 745 shipped, which is canny annoying, @GIGA-Man upped and left the 11th of nov so were not able to get any info on why they aren't supplying, thinking about following through on cancelling as they pop up occasionally.

EDIT, enjoy your 1 place queue shift.

Last edited:
Soldato
Resizeable BAR is here for Gigabyte cards, I thought I'd just clear something up as a lot of people are getting confused.

If you have a 3080 AORUS XTREME and you're on the F4 bios, you update to the F6. The notes with the update range (If F1 update to F2-F9), just indicate the range of your bios. Anything lower than F9 can only be updated as far as F9 (if it existed).

As for the motherboard settings, make sure you have the correct bios update for enabling Resizeable BAR, then depending on your mobo, they'll be something like:

Above 4G Decoding - Enabled
Resizeable BAR - Auto
CSM - Disabled

(The above settings are from an X570 AORUS MASTER)

Associate
Guys, just to mention that my 3080 Xtreme deteriorated significantly in thermal performance - especially memory - in the 3 months since I got it and throttles heavily.

I have today replaced the memory thermal pads with Gelid Solutions GP Ultimate 0.5mm (x 4 layers) which has restored this to better than new and took me about 20 minutes. The original pads are absolutely crap squidgy white things probably 2W/mK.

For anyone wanting to do this, see here:

Aorus 3080 Extreme - upgrading thermal pads - YouTube

Last edited:
Associate
How much was the 3080 Master at release. I managed to get one form a competitor for £860. Seems like a decent price compared to what I’m seeing elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom