Recommendations for a case

Hi everyone, first post here so please go easy...

I've always built my own PCs, but recently have made some bad choices when it comes to the size of hardware, so I think I'm going to bow to experience and ask for ideas.

I'm running a modest PC, and it's time to replace the case with something a bit newer, and with the right size vent-holes, etc. My last purchase was a watercooler for CPU (the ready-built and sealed type), so now I need to make sure it's going to fit alongside the other bits.

Here we go then - this is what I need to get into any case I purchase.

ATX motherboard (Currently ASUSTeK Z97-K Socket 1150)
Corsair H45 Hydro CPU cooler/Radiator set.
NVIDIA GeForce 970X graphics card
1 x 3.5", 1 x 2.5" HDD
1 x 5.25" BluRay RW (front panel access required)
EVGA Supernova 850W Semi Modular 80+ Bronze Power Supply

450mm case-height limit to fit on the shelf under the desk, and the quieter the fans, the better for me.

It sounds really easy - but I went wrong thinking that because the Corsair cooler said 120mm radiator, it would fit where an existing 120mm fan was. I didn't realise at the time, that the length of the radiator is actually 168.5mm. The challenge is, to find a case where not only the radiator fits, but also where it's close enough to the CPU to actually work, as the hoses aren't detachable or extendable (unless you can tell me otherwise of course).

So ANY suggestions gratefully received and I'll be ordering one very quickly too.

Many thanks

Back
Top Bottom