NETFLIX and the rise of the euro trash

Soldato
Anyone fed up with clicking on an interesting sounding program and then getting poorly dubbed polish or french tv?

Seriously thinking of ditching it.

Any of the other big streamers worth a look?

Soldato
yeah ive quit as well for the same reason

netflix has stopp putting new american or british content, and instead they are putting on tons and tons of badly voiced foreign subpar content, typically south east asian, indian and spanish content, odd german or french junk too

It's gotten to the point where I'll open the movie/tv show's page and look at the actor name, if the names are not english/american names then I don't even try and watch it

its realy freakin boring and ive had enough

Caporegime
Are you complaining about the quality of the dubbing of the show or the show itself?

I always turn the dubbing off and listen to the show in the aired language with subtitles on.

Associate
I've watched a few 'foreign' series/films and they were alright. As with all TV packages, there's series that are aimed towards younger audiences or people who want to watch something light, and are not very good, but language of the series/film does not adversely affect the ability to be entertained.

Soldato
OP
Are you complaining about the quality of the dubbing of the show or the show itself?

I always turn the dubbing off and listen to the show in the aired language with subtitles on.

both, don't mind the occasional sub titles might not 90%
there is lots of us content I am open to, just not offered

Man of Honour
Getting fed up with Netflix in general - if it wasn't for 1-2 shows I am interested in I'd have ditched them long ago.

There have been 1-2 real gems when it comes to these foreign shows but the way they are pushing so many of them at the moment in the manner they are is quite irritating - at least it seems to have resulted in the pushing of some of this social justice/woke agenda ruined content taking a bit of a backseat though. They seem to be using it as a cheap way to try and make it look like you are getting more for your money than you actually are.

Dubbing is almost always rubbish, Netflix or not. Forget the dubbing, it's better with subtitles.

I'm open to Netflix showing hit foreign programming.

I don't mind watching the odd show with subtitles but it isn't something I want to be doing for a large amount of my viewing - which is part of why it is so irritating.

Soldato
Nothing wrong with a non-English speaking program as long as it's a good one. There were a few Italian ones on Netflix which were worth a go Suburra: Blood on Rome is great and made by the same people who make Gamorrah. I can't imagine you would find many people who would say Gamorrah isn't one of the best things they've seen.

Soldato
Gave up on Netflix a while ago, once I'd watched Stranger Things and Trailer park Boys I found myself endlessly flicking past American prison/muder/Weed documentary ads before losing the will to live.

Soldato
Gave up on Netflix a while ago, once I'd watched Stranger Things and Trailer park Boys I found myself endlessly flicking past American prison/muder/Weed documentary ads before losing the will to live.
I also found that too, I did enjoy the recent documentary on the Yorkshire Ripper though. There isn't enough British content IMO.

Man of Honour
White House Farm was surprisingly pretty good to be fair but I really struggle to find stuff I'm interested in aside from 1-2 shows that I stay subscribed for, for now.

Soldato
Good Morning, Veronica was excellent, ok some weird acting, turned the dubbing off and just used subtitles, was a very gripping story I though.

But it does seem it's getting more like "Euroflix" these days.

Soldato
Anyone fed up with clicking on an interesting sounding program and then getting poorly dubbed polish or french tv?

Seriously thinking of ditching it.

Any of the other big streamers worth a look?
The criminal act, is that they have it set to dubbed by default. NO ONE in the UK normally watches stuff dubbed. A tiny bit of market research would have shown this. I don't know why they wasted their money on a English dub.

You can change it to native language +subs the subtitle settings, and it massively improves any of these programs.

But we wouldn't have to do it.

Soldato
Nothing wrong with a non-English speaking program as long as it's a good one. There were a few Italian ones on Netflix which were worth a go Suburra: Blood on Rome is great and made by the same people who make Gamorrah. I can't imagine you would find many people who would say Gamorrah isn't one of the best things they've seen.

Both excellent, but both very brutal in terms of content. I gave up on suburra because I found it to unpleasant!

Soldato
I dropped from 4K to HD when they announced the price rise, but still not sure I'm getting my money worth of late either, there is some great stuff on the platform but there is so much rubbish that it makes it hard to find something good, on the subject of euro trash, I recently started something on netflix called The Valhalla Murder's and I would put that in the OPs category.
Over the years I have watched a fair amount of foreign language series, and some have been great. A series called Black Spot was pretty decent but for some reason it just got cancelled despite getting good ratings.

Back
Top Bottom