• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD ThreadRipper ***

Soldato
If you're not thinking of reselling the RAM you could yoink the heatspreader and glowsticks off it.

Even without the bling RAM heatspreaders are primarily cosmetic.

Soldato
Not sure what to do it at this stage. There are rational things to do and crazy things to do. I also have to remember I bought the siphon when I wasn't convinced the Noctua was up to the job. I'd say it is providing you have good airflow.

Do I?
1. Sell my 64gb 4 sticks of Bdie RAM, and buy Corsair low profile Ram like this: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...zen-tuned-ddr4-memory-dual-kit-my-4cl-cs.html
2. Sell the Siphon to some other needy user
3. Mod my RAM. Seriously what could go wrong?:p
4. Leave the cooler in the box and use as a door stop.

The Corsair sticks I have are 52mm. Yeah all that RGB has a cost.

Me, I'd sell the IceGiant and get a decent AIO.

Associate
Are there any decent (full size TR plate) AIOs yet? The only one I know of still has crappy coolant issues.

I have this in my possession but not tried it yet so can't comment on the performance, but the plate is full size and quite a big unit.

Dnkca7G.jpg

Good point.

I don't have a TR but naturally assumed that after a few years, there'd be a decent AIO around.

Not sure what you mean, the cooler I'm using now, the Alphacool Eisbaer 420 is decent enough.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Barbie collection ?

From here: AMD Threadripper (Zen 3 59xx Series)

Well is supports TR4, but no it doesn't have full plate cover.

What cooler are you using?

Using a NZXT Kraken X62 on my 1950 but others are all on Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP, did try a Dark Rock Pro TR4 but the Noctua is easier to install so went back to that for recent orders.
Really want a good/reliable AIO for the summer months though.
As @Hotwired said reviews for reliable AIOs are rare.

Associate
I think i'm going to hold onto to it and mull it over for a while.

There is no rush from my POV, and as you've shown, it's quite OK to buy expensive coolers and leave them snuggly in their box. :p

I don't think i'll be taking the DIY option on the RAM. Not going out like that guy who tried to mod his rtx3090. All in all it could cost me £140 replace this ram with low profile, no frills anti-rgb RAM. The benefit being 8 degrees cooler, and PBO/OC for benchmarking pts really. But if i'm feeling frivolous this month I might just buy the RAM.

Caporegime
I think i'm going to hold onto to it and mull it over for a while.

There is no rush from my POV, and as you've shown, it's quite OK to buy expensive coolers and leave them snuggly in their box. :p

I don't think i'll be taking the DIY option on the RAM. Not going out like that guy who tried to mod his rtx3090. All in all it could cost me £140 replace this ram with low profile, no frills anti-rgb RAM. The benefit being 8 degrees cooler, and PBO/OC for benchmarking pts really. But if i'm feeling frivolous this month I might just buy the RAM.

Could you, or anyone with this Rog Strix TRX40-E Gaming motherboard please check in the BIOS and let me know if there is an option called Power Supply Idle Control anywhere? It might be located in the AMD CBS Menu of the BIOS. If so, can you provide a screenshot of where it is located for me?

I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Could you, or anyone with this Rog Strix TRX40-E Gaming motherboard please check in the BIOS and let me know if there is an option called Power Supplu Idle Control anywhere? It might be located in the AMD CBS Menu of the BIOS. If so, can you provide a screenshot of where it is located for me?

I appreciate it.
I would do, however I don't run TR anymore, sorry.

Associate
Could you, or anyone with this Rog Strix TRX40-E Gaming motherboard please check in the BIOS and let me know if there is an option called Power Supply Idle Control anywhere? It might be located in the AMD CBS Menu of the BIOS. If so, can you provide a screenshot of where it is located for me?

I appreciate it.

Give me an hour and i'll rummage through what I can find. I'm running Version 1303 btw.

Associate
Soldato
Could post a few pictures of the AMD CBS menu? I am sure this option exists somewhere as it’s on my 1950X on an ASU’s board.

Sorry, Matt, I didn't realise you still wanted this. I saw your request weeks ago and assumed someone else would have done it for you. I'll schedule a reboot for tonight and have a poke around for you.

Back
Top Bottom