• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Voodoo 5 6000 remade

Soldato
Seems like a lot of hassle for what could be done in a emulator or virtual machine.
Last time I had a go it was way more hassle with emulators and VM's. Never seen an emulator that can play SGL games. There was a Glide Emulator but it was a little hit and miss depending on the game. It perfectly emulated Glide for some games others it was less perfect.

Soldato
Hmm need to try this in a vm using a glide wrapper or something. Which game is giving you trouble?
For me its more SGL as I am a PowerVR Fanboy. Its been a while since I used nGlide - Glide wrapper | Zeus Software (zeus-software.com) so cannot remember which games I had problems with, they might even have been fixed by now as I haven't tried any emulators in years.

This is just a personal list. For me these are the classic games that are worth replaying on PowerVR or 3DFX. Got good memories from all these, Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries , Ultimate Race Pro, POD Gold, Carmageddon, MDK, Quake 1, Hexen II, Half-life, Unreal, WipeOut XL are the standout games I can think off right now. Half Life and Unreal should be fine without Glide/SGL. I know Unreal can be unofficially patched up to use the renderer from Unreal Tournament and so work without SGL/Glide.

It seems like there are now SGL emulators. Never tried it. PowerVR SGL Wrapper - Tuxality Goodies (rocik.net) not even sure if that's the best one. I need to look into this some more. If the new emulators are much better then it could well be worth trying a VM.

Caporegime
OP
Which is why it has the power brick.... and those power points were addons for the 3700 rev boards only, the earlier ones, like my own rev 2600 didnt have them

I think I read the power brick caused some issues on some versions of the card. I think it was Hank Semenec that mentioned the direct wiring was a safer alternative, he was reworking quite a few boards to be functional. Think they're all long gone now. =/

Soldato
I think I read the power brick caused some issues on some versions of the card. I think it was Hank Semenec that mentioned the direct wiring was a safer alternative, he was reworking quite a few boards to be functional. Think they're all long gone now. =/

I cant test it or use it now (agp, and its been in a box for 17 years) - but when i ran it, it had working motion blue in Q3 on a few test maps - could use FXT1 textures in serous sam as well. Would like to see RGSS in 2021 tbh , as Nv is using OGSS for its DSR

Caporegime
OP
I cant test it or use it now (agp, and its been in a box for 17 years) - but when i ran it, it had working motion blue in Q3 on a few test maps - could use FXT1 textures in serous sam as well. Would like to see RGSS in 2021 tbh , as Nv is using OGSS for its DSR

You have one of the old boards it was compatible with? I was gonna snag one around 2003-ish for i think £600 from Hank, but it seemed like there were only so many motherboards it would work properly on, mainly due to the 6k boards being engineering samples of different revisions and support. Of course now looking back i wish i had bought it.

Back
Top Bottom