• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
OP
Did a factory reset on card then Used DDU in Safe Mode to uninstall, installed 21.2.2 and still the same issue, if the PC goes to sleep will unattended when I try and wake it back PC fires up but monitor screen stays black.
Okay, does hibernate work?

Can you submit a bug report via Radeon Software? Include your email in the report (DM me it as well) so we can locate the bug submission and include a picture(Bug Report Tool will allow you to attach a picture) showing the monitor firmware installed? You can find this via the monitor OSD, think it's the bottom option.

Soldato
Yeah hibernate seems to work, sent you a DM, I'm pretty sure I logged a bug report on Saturday with my email address.

If you can't find it let me know and I'll sumbit another.

Firmware = m-RJG949CCAA-1001.5

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Yeah hibernate seems to work, sent you a DM, I'm pretty sure I logged a bug report on Saturday with my email address.

If you can't find it let me know and I'll sumbit another.

Firmware = m-RJG949CCAA-1001.5
Your monitor appears to be using a old firmware, perhaps the launch Firmware.

1004 is available on the Korean SAmung website. Feeling brave? Samsung 대한민국

Soldato
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-21-2-3

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.3 Highlights
Support For

• DIRT 5™ Energy Content Pack
Fixed Issues
  • HDMI Audio Devices may fail to install on Radeon RX 400 and Radeon RX 500 series graphics products.
  • Hot plugging HDMI TV displays in multi monitor system configurations may sometimes cause a system crash or hang.
  • An application crash or hang may occur in Substance Painter™ on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
  • A system crash or hang may occur on the HP Reverb G2™ when connected to Radeon RX 6900 series graphics products.
  • Radeon Software may sometimes fail to gather the latest available Radeon Software versions when performing or checking for updates.
Known Issues
  • A system hang or crash may be experienced when upgrading Radeon Software while an Oculus™ VR headset is connected to your system on Radeon GCN graphics products. A temporary workaround is to disconnect the headset before install.
  • AMD is currently investigating end user reports that Radeon Software may sometimes have higher than expected CPU utilization, even when a system is at idle. Users who are experiencing this issue are encouraged to file a bug report in Radeon Software.
  • Brightness flickering may intermittently occur in some games or applications when Radeon™ FreeSync is enabled, and the game is set to use borderless fullscreen.
  • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.

Soldato
OK very early testing on 21.2.3 but signs are positive, I can now seem to wake up from sleep and it turns on monitor again, yay (hopefully I want to proved wrong after some more testing)

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah nope it still borked, if I put the machine to 'sleep" myself then the monitor wakes up, if it actually goes to sleep due to 'inactivity' then the machine wakes up but the monitor stays black :(

Associate
Ah nope it still borked, if I put the machine to 'sleep" myself then the monitor wakes up, if it actually goes to sleep due to 'inactivity' then the machine wakes up but the monitor stays black :(

This is probably coincidental however I resolved the sleep issue by setting Ryzen power control to standard/default in the bios. I haven't had an issue since although did have a blue screen this morning whilst idle at desktop but has been fine since. Worth a shot if you have a Ryzen cpu

Associate

Is the machine definately still working in the background and i.e. if you unplug and plug back in the cable it comes back to life ? or has it locked up ?

Had a load of issues recently with what i thought was my 5700xt / Amd drivers locking up on sleep, spent ages ddu'ing , different drivers etc . I think in the end it was mobo side / memory timings, reset bios and left PBO off / XMP at standard timings and all seemed well again.

The other thing thats worked for me in the past with sleep issues was increasing the voltage swing and pre-emphasis in Radeon drivers / Display / Overides. I think i tried 2 and 1 but might be worth a go with different values ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom