Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Associate
People getting jittery and taking profit out the markets?
Its closing in on the end of the tax year, and they have to pay their taxes?
People acting like sheep, following the trends?

Associate
Woke to Argo dropping like a stone. Considered buying some yesterday so decided to buy a small amount as a test at 220. Trading212 immediately says down 9% but I guess this is the spread others have mentioned.

Soldato
Woke to Argo dropping like a stone. Considered buying some yesterday so decided to buy a small amount as a test at 220. Trading212 immediately says down 9% but I guess this is the spread others have mentioned.

I suspect what you did was place a market order, which isn't the same as 'buying at 220'. A market order will be fulfilled at the first available price, which has no guarantee of being where the current market price is.

Soldato
US expecting another sea of red judging by my US exposed ETFs. Starting to think we might be seeing the beginning of a contraction in US techs. Glad I've been topping up IAG and RR recently, and not US stuff.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Waiting for Argo to hit sub 200p.... shouldn’t take long.
One might suppose that Elon wants BTC given Tesla’s recent moves. Him saying it ‘looks expensive’ the other day creates a nice little dip for him to load up on /tinfoilhat

Associate
I suspect what you did was place a market order, which isn't the same as 'buying at 220'. A market order will be fulfilled at the first available price, which has no guarantee of being where the current market price is.

Interesting, order history does say 220 not a problem it’s all learning :). Is it best to place a limit order then? To define the level you want to get in at.

Associate
The IPO closed last Thursday. The listing goes live on the 1st March so should be able to buy with your usual broker then.

Ah ok. Then I gotta wait until Monday to put in an order. Will see how it goes.

US expecting another sea of red judging by my US exposed ETFs. Starting to think we might be seeing the beginning of a contraction in US techs. Glad I've been topping up IAG and RR recently, and not US stuff.

Uff, at the moment I've put most of my little money invested in US tech funds... Will keep an eye and see how it goes. Might be worth to top it up later on depending on how much it drops.

Bes

Bes

Soldato

Yes. It’s starting to look that way. Could be a sharp drop given all the WSB/ tech stonk retail buyers. I imagine quite a few will sell at the first sign of a pullback.

I am 6 figures heavy in CRM thanks to an acquisition a few yrs ago so considering paring back and taking the CGT hit whilst the going is good.

Soldato
Uff, at the moment I've put most of my little money invested in US tech funds... Will keep an eye and see how it goes. Might be worth to top it up later on depending on how much it drops.

Yes. It’s starting to look that way. Could be a sharp drop given all the WSB/ tech stonk retail buyers. I imagine quite a few will sell at the first sign of a pullback. I am 6 figures heavy in CRM thanks to an acquisition a few yrs ago so considering paring back and taking the CGT hit whilst the going is good.

I've just got out of all my US-heavy ETFs. We've had a couple of weeks now of mostly red days, feels like a tipping point. Going to sit out again for a bit, while my UK stocks are seeing good returns from the covid restrictions being relaxed.

Associate
I've just got out of all my US-heavy ETFs. We've had a couple of weeks now of mostly red days, feels like a tipping point. Going to sit out again for a bit, while my UK stocks are seeing good returns from the covid restrictions being relaxed.

I only have a couple of hundreds in my funds (only started to invest mid-january) so it is not that much. Thinking about just leaving them be for the time being. I got five funds in total, 3 tech funds, 1 american and 1 chinese. Not sure where to focus now if a dip is coming.

Soldato
I only have a couple of hundreds in my funds (only started to invest mid-january) so it is not that much. Thinking about just leaving them be for the time being. I got five funds in total, 3 tech funds, 1 american and 1 chinese. Not sure where to focus now if a dip is coming.

I don't like holding through a downturn, and I'm prepared to take the hit on missed gains if I called it wrong. Flies in the face of the received wisdom of just holding but I don't care, it works for me.

My view is that if you're going to try and avoid a correction, then get out early. It's not a significant cost to exit and re-enter. Long term I think we'll see continued growth, but right now my impression is that we are poised for the piles of retail investor money to get wiped out in a short term correction.

Associate
I don't like holding through a downturn, and I'm prepared to take the hit on missed gains if I called it wrong. Flies in the face of the received wisdom of just holding but I don't care, it works for me.

My view is that if you're going to try and avoid a correction, then get out early. It's not a significant cost to exit and re-enter. Long term I think we'll see continued growth, but right now my impression is that we are poised for the piles of retail investor money to get wiped out in a short term correction.

At the moment I got a total of £500 in my funds. And I have no idea what I should move them into instead as most markets seems to be going downwards right now =/

Back
Top Bottom