the state of cheap tablets

Caporegime
ETA prime had a 200 dollar tablet that's supposed to be an emulation beast.

Iplay40 pro.

Yeah it's Chinese but specs look good.

I've had around 10 Amazon fire hd tablets if not more I upgrade every prime day or black Friday when a decent deal comes around and I've had every model 7,8 and 10. They all suck. They are painfully slow and you need to mess about to get play store on it and then it's just a pain to use.

I'd much rather now Rather than constantly paying £30-£50 to upgrade every year just spend £200 on a decent tablet in the first place and keep it for 5 years.

Soldato
Not sure what the latest fire tabs are like but we have a couple from about 2 years ago. Both of them have problems with the micro usb ports and they are dog slow. Like painfully slow.

Associate
Just ordered a Tab A7 for £179, comes tomorrow. Expect it will do fine for media consumption which is all I really want it for.

What do you think of the Tab A7?

My 90 year old mum's Samsung tablet has just flaked out and we need a replacement. We'll be looking to get another Samsung probably.

Associate
What do you think of the Tab A7?

My 90 year old mum's Samsung tablet has just flaked out and we need a replacement. We'll be looking to get another Samsung probably.

It's exactly what I expected and does all I wanted it to do.. sometimes seems a little sluggish when it first wakes up but is fine after that, I suppose that's to do with the 3gb of ram and not opting for 4gb.

Associate
It's exactly what I expected and does all I wanted it to do.. sometimes seems a little sluggish when it first wakes up but is fine after that, I suppose that's to do with the 3gb of ram and not opting for 4gb.

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like a functional if basic tablet, which is just what we need.

Soldato
New Kindle Fire HD series announced, including a 'plus' version. Launching end of May.

Based just on specs, it seems like the Samsung A7 is still actually better (other than the Plus having an exetra gig of RAM) with more resolution, and more speakers as well (which I do find to be a problem on my current 2017 Fire HD, if putting it down somewhere and playing it, given the speaker positioning)? Bigger screen still as well.

Caporegime
New Kindle Fire HD series announced, including a 'plus' version. Launching end of May.

Based just on specs, it seems like the Samsung A7 is still actually better (other than the Plus having an exetra gig of RAM) with more resolution, and more speakers as well (which I do find to be a problem on my current 2017 Fire HD, if putting it down somewhere and playing it, given the speaker positioning)? Bigger screen still as well.

The Amazon tablets are junk.

It's worth spending more on Lenovo at minimum or buying one from Samsung's budget range

Associate
After years of having various tablets in the cheaper end of things my trusty nexus 7 died( i loved that tablet) i started the quest for the new tablet. having tried amazon fire/fire HD tablets even had Motorola tablets and the apple ones (a few friends have them) i quickly crossed them off. so on to youtube, i went. i then looked at Samsung ones. Luckily enough i know people with both the A-series and S-series tablets. I was looking to get the s 6 one, I am not mad eof money so cannot afford one outright so it would be a contract one for me this time(which i can easily afford).

My requirements for a new tablet were.
1) must look the part I know I know but even still it must look pleasing on the eye.
2)Must be reasonable to game on.
3) Good at media consumption.
4)Descent sound.
5)Access to the play store.
6)LTE/4G/Bluetooth and 5G ready(We don't 5g in my area yet but the planning has been sought after to upgrade to 5g).
7) Sd card slot so i can get a lower model and upgrade the storage with an sd card.
8)Speedy.
9) Good for a few years(I upgrade my mobile phones annually but not my tablets, so it has to last a while.)

Anyhow there were a few other things I needed, so I spent a while looking at unboxings reviews comparisons ect.
I initially looked at the Samsung tablet s6 I liked it a lot, So i did some more research, and a video popped up for the Samsung tab s7 range. i did some more research and decided on the tab s7+ 5G.

Looked around at various providers to see the deals and best prices (At the time)and found one i could easily afford)
It arrived and all i can say is wow. after many years of having cheaper tablets sometimes it is just worth paying that extra .
The bonus part is it came with a £120 cash back offer.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom