17mm thick copper radiators - any experience?

Soldato
OP
How is the noise on the Barrow Pump block?

Been tempted to pick one up for a while now.

I really do recommend them for ease, I can't fault it really so far! I run the pump at a fixed rpm of ~ 2,280 rpm and I sit 2ft away from it and I can barely hear it. At full tilt it's definitely noisy, and at 1,800 rpm inaudible (but not quite potent enough). It's a standard sized DDC pump though so could be replaced with any DDC pump.

Are they actually copper or just copper flavour? :p

Who knows!? Performance doesn't lead me to suspect that they're not copper :p

How were the temps? not going quiet as small, 3090 and 9900k on 28mm x 360mm rad, so curious as to what temps you saw.

Fab looking build also!

Thanks man! Running the DDC at 2,300rpm and all 4 15mm Noctuas fans at 1,100 rpm we're looking at gaming temps averaging out at about 60 degrees on the GPU and 68 on the CPU - it's not hot by any means, but that's on an undervolted 3080 and 9900k (800mv @ 1770mhz clock 3080, fixed voltage of 1.184v CPU all-core 4.7ghz) so the GPU is only pulling 240w and not 320w+ it can pull which would generate more heat! If I'm able to run the 4 slim Noctuas at 1,000 rpm on the slim rads and the 25mm Noctuas at 900 rpm on the thicker rad and see similar temps at full power draw I'll be very happy :)

Soldato
Sounds great, going to have to start planning my own build again.

How did you go about filling the loop?
Looks like it would be a pain to try fill it without accidentally running the pump dry.

Soldato
OP
I simply uncapped the 30mm extension attached to the fill port and attached a roughly 10 inch long piece of tubing and a funnel to it - that 30mm extension is basically an addition to the blocks reservoir now too as it's filled to the brim :p

BxGfgrR.jpg

When I add the top radiator I won't have access to the fillport however, so plan to do some skull duggery with an additional quick disconnect so that the loop is essentially open for filling and the turns in to a sealed loop.

Soldato
OP
Build complete - for now at least :p

Main parts going in to complete the build are the XSPC TX240 radiator and some Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans.

dl6YUap.jpg
PoZpOCd.jpg

To be able to install a radiator at the top of the case I had to drop the PSU down further in to the chassis, this was done by using longer M3 screws, it just kinda hangs out in the middle of space now :p

qO2aPbA.jpg

This in turn gave me access to run a tube from the top radiator above the PSU and in to the CPU Block/Pump/Res

6L1o51o.jpg
9N2i1ey.jpg

From there we loop round to the graphics card, with the fill port now capped

0vf8Hay.jpg

Having the capped fill port allows me to install the 25mm thick Noctuas on the side mounted radiator, and those fans can blow air far more easily on to the pumps heatsink - it's a snug fit!

F4gMp9c.jpg
cbtUkaT.jpg

From the graphics card we go in to the bottom port of the side radiator, via quick connect, and from the top port of the side radiator we go to the far port of the bottom rad. The loop is completed with a vertical run from the closer port of the bottom rad to the other port on the top radiator.

HvgNXrG.jpg
JoON6yM.jpg

I can remove the side radiator now without having to mess around with anything else inside the case now - big win!

Popping off the quick disconnect I can pop on the EK pressure tester which has another quick disconnect male end fitted on, and we're holding pressure well!

v6L1orH.jpg
dv2ZsiK.jpg

I have to admit, I had a hard time filling the loop fully and there's too much air in it for my liking curently but I have ordered an external reservoir which will allow me to get it filled properly - that being said it's performing a lot better than the dual radiator setup already!

Graphics card boosting to 1995mhz (haven't touched mem clocks yet) @ 55c and the 9900k at stock running 60c. The 4 slim Noctuas on top and bottom rads running @~960rpm, 2 thicker Noctuas on side radiator running @~900rpm and a pump speed of ~2,200rpm leave me with a quiet and powerful machine - very hapy with this build now!

n10qq2K.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
you still got the bottom fans as exhaust? maybe the clearance from desk to fan isnt allowing them to pull enough air out? id try them as the opposite. with the gpu being in the way its not like the hot air form the rad would go far into the case anyway.

i love seeing ITX builds they are so much more satisfying than a massive case with stuff loosely packed inside. and this one is no different super impressive. ive just got myself a nr200p and am guna try squeeze my flt120 d5 inside somehow, difference is ill have 2x 360mm rad outside the case plus a smaller rad inside the case.

Soldato
OP
you still got the bottom fans as exhaust? maybe the clearance from desk to fan isnt allowing them to pull enough air out? id try them as the opposite. with the gpu being in the way its not like the hot air form the rad would go far into the case anyway.

i love seeing ITX builds they are so much more satisfying than a massive case with stuff loosely packed inside. and this one is no different super impressive. ive just got myself a nr200p and am guna try squeeze my flt120 d5 inside somehow, difference is ill have 2x 360mm rad outside the case plus a smaller rad inside the case.

Thanks man, it's what I was going for - anyone can slap an O11D together and get great temps with no issues but planning an ITX build containing close to the same cooling potential in a much smaller package results in a much more satisfying end product IMO!

No, the bottom fans are intaking, the 2 on the side radiator are intaking also and then I have the 2 on the top of the case exhausting - 6 x 120mm fans and 3 radiators inside something this small still baffles me :D

I'll be intrigued to see how you get on with the NR200P build, especially getting that res/block combo in :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom