Football Banter Thread

Soldato
Loan maybe but not once sold. That makes no sense to me
Thinking about it some more I wonder if it was because of the timing? i.e. did Snodgrass know their game plan? I don't see how he couldn't just have told his teammates however so that doesn't seem to stack anyway. All very weird.

Don
Sounds personal! I didn't realise you were a derby fan!?

In other news Danny Drinkwater is off to Turkey apparently.

Well the owner is dodgy as and its all coming back to bite them...

Keogh, if you have been watching enough Championship football football over the past years you will know what a twerp he is. Also why shouldn't you get sacked being the club captain and going out, getting smashed, and driving.

Soldato
Keogh wasn't driving, he was a passenger. The two who were drink driving, and got criminal convictions but were still fit to play, got minor fines and basic slaps on the wrists.

Don
Keogh wasn't driving, he was a passenger. The two who were drink driving, and got criminal convictions but were still fit to play, got minor fines and basic slaps on the wrists.

Yes I didn't mean he was driving but he got in the car, he's the club captain, an old pro, a example to all in the club, including the the lads in the front.

Caporegime
Didn't know anything about this case but the two players that were driving were kept by Derby and Keogh, who wasn't driving, was sacked. That sounds like Derby trying to get an injured, older player off their books.

Guy's a moron for going out and drinking and an even bigger moron for getting in a drunks car but the decision seems the right one.

Soldato
Yes I didn't mean he was driving but he got in the car, he's the club captain, an old pro, a example to all in the club, including the the lads in the front.
I can't argue with that, but it is not right to only shuffle him off but keep the other two presumably because they can still play. IMO they should have sacked the lot of them but obviously money speaks if that would mean the team having a bad run and getting relegated etc.

Soldato
Has anyone ever done well in turkey from the English top flight or been able to stay there for a decent amount of time? Seems like a last resort.

Of course it's a last resort! Arrogant footballer ditches club who were helping get the best out of him and giving him regular first team football, where he was winning England call-ups, played in CL and won the PL, etc in order to go to big name club "to win trophies" but where he couldn't get a game, lost his value+match sharpness, went off drink driving, and made himself an unattractive prospect, both in cost and reputation. Of course he now has few options but to try and go somewhere, anynwhere, to try and get game time again, and Chelsea will be trying to get any money they can back on their "investment". Poor chap, as a Foxes fan I remember the killer passes and a couple of key goals he scored for us, no-one wanted his career to go the way it has recently, but he burnt his bridges somewhat on the the way out.

Soldato
Hard to spin an excuse for that one. How about: he's an anti-vaxer who was going to throw it away but saw the writing on it said "covid vaccine" and promptly fainted at the thought of having touched it

Back
Top Bottom