• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dont wait, get a 3090 now

Soldato
over 2 months that's 23.33 per day with mining? A 3080 is not getting 10 quid a day at best, and a 3090 is only slightly faster mining.

I've mined around 200-300 over the past 1.5 months I think it is now.

Caporegime
Reminds me of US healthcare prices. Because everyone is expected to have insurance, the costs of each operation can be (and often are) hundreds of thousands of pounds, each.

This is now the GPU market. Because everyone is expected to be a miner, the costs (justifiable to some people) can go as high as you like. £2k GPU? "No problem, just mine for a few months."

Very crazy. Much meh.

Associate
try unlimiting your fps in games bam 100
if your hitting 70 in games you have to be locked at 60

why do you own a 3090?
I have a 3090 founders and gaming at 1440p with fps unlocked I get around 190-230 fps in cold war on ultra and my vram sits around 70c and the max its been is 80c on stock

Soldato
no - it’s the fact mining is now such a factor in this whole thing. It used to be about gaming, now, frankly, it isn’t.

I’m ok for a few quid.

Some people are not ok for a few quid.

And might aswell mine when the card isn't in use, most games out at the moment are pretty crap really (Cyberpunk 2077 for example)

Man of Honour
:confused: ROI after a few months so a free card.

problem is it wont ROI in a few months even in this crazyness. 3090 is what 120mh/s (radeon 7 is about 100mh/s) so that's approx £8/9 a day. So ROI assuming no electricity and 24/7 mining is approx 187 days or almost 7 months. Assuming the profitability and coin value holds.

Lots of assumptions and take it from somebody who has bought approx 100 mining cards, it WILL take longer than projected. Really I have no idea where people are getting 2 months on a 1400/1500 card.

Associate
Bitcoin and ****coins just lost 20% in the last day. Eth difficulty doubling per month. Beginning of the end?

The time to buy a 3090 was 2+ months ago, not 2 days ago.

Back
Top Bottom