Energy providers and moving in

Soldato
Are you able to get in place a new energy provider for the day you move in, or do you need to have moved in before being able to get a new energy provider in place?

Soldato
Are you able to get in place a new energy provider for the day you move in, or do you need to have moved in before being able to get a new energy provider in place?
From memory you have to sign up with who is already the provider then you can change.

In my head though I don't see why you can't just sign up with who you want give them your first reading and they do the rest.

Soldato
You can tell your new bunch when you're moving in and they'll sort it all for you. Or at least that's what happened with me (might have been helped leaving smart meters behind in the old place and getting them in the new one)

Soldato
You don't have to do anything really. The energy supplier will write to "the occupier" demanding payment eventually. It took us about 2 months to receive our first letter. Then you can pay without even signing up depending on supplier and keep doing that until you move. Or you can sign up to get an account with ability to give readings etc. Up to you. If you want it sorted from the off it's going to be more stress for little gain as you will need meter readings etc. Better to just be with them for a brief period then move supplier. We had to wait for our first letter anyway as had no idea who our supplier were.

Back
Top Bottom