• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.4%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Associate
Digital only isnt it? I joined the queue, but it was an hour long so thought there's no chance, and I also would want a disc one. lol. Good luck though. The more that are kept out of @Soulja hand the better.

:D
I managed to pick a disk version from Game today,wasn't hard at all,15 mins in queue.it was the console+Miles Morales.Game charged £10 for shipping tho.

I'd have never payed even £20 extra to a scalper.same as RTX3080.you just need a little patience.

I know a lot of people succeeded today so I can see end of happy days for scalpers approaching.specially with shops opening in April,they better sell their stock fast :D (and with less and less profit)

Soldato
I managed to pick a disk version from Game today,wasn't hard at all,15 mins in queue.it was the console+Miles Morales.Game charged £10 for shipping tho.

I'd have never payed even £20 extra to a scalper.same as RTX3080.you just need a little patience.

I know a lot of people succeeded today so I can see end of happy days for scalpers approaching.specially with shops opening in April,they better sell their stock fast :D (and with less and less profit)

I got same ultimate spider man bundle, paid the £20 priority shipping tho cause I'm impatient lol

Soldato
Is Miles Morales worth getting? And I've never played the Spiderman games before so should I get the deluxe for the enhanced remaster?

Also I'm on the digital console so where is good for getting the games a little cheaper than the PSN store? Seems to be far fewer places to buy digital unlike the Xbox.

It's a overblown DLC for the first game not worth paying full price for unless you plan on selling on after you complete.

Soldato
My Very PS5 disc console arrived yesterday. One seal was not stuck down properly. Got me a little nervous so took photos before unboxing. All unboxed without issue and setup, I feel very fortunate. It's a great upgrade in all areas and I can't believe how quiet it is vs PS4 Pro.

I hope the wait isn't too long for the many that are after one.
How's the noise level of the disc drive?

Associate
Ratchet and Clank (PS4 version) is free next week on the PS Store.

Weird question, but I sold my PS4 Pro while still waiting for a PS5, can I claim this freebie without a console? I still have my PS account.

Soldato
It's definitely not quiet and is noticable. I played God of War this evening and yeah it sure spins up! Nothing too bad though from a PS4 Pro owner's prospective.

the disc drive sound is highly dependent on your luck of the draw - some people's ps5 have noisey drive, mine is dead silent.

For the people who have a noisey drive, there is a fix you can do by opening up the console and installing some padding to absorb vibrations

Associate
the disc drive sound is highly dependent on your luck of the draw - some people's ps5 have noisey drive, mine is dead silent.

For the people who have a noisey drive, there is a fix you can do by opening up the console and installing some padding to absorb vibrations
You’ll lose the warranty tho.
drive noise can be game dependant too.

Associate
Ratchet and Clank (PS4 version) is free next week on the PS Store.

Weird question, but I sold my PS4 Pro while still waiting for a PS5, can I claim this freebie without a console? I still have my PS account.
Yeah, you should be able to, think you can login via a web browser and claim it

Associate
So I hate that horrible Piano Black glossy plastic, already has micro-scratches when the light hits it in certain angles. :/ I may look at a skin for this middle section.

Currently using a dust cover too when the PS5 is fully off. Might be overkill really, but keeps the dust off the plastic, which stops me having to clean it (which causes the marks I'm guessing!?)

nnLLXn1.jpg

Soldato
Seemed kind of pointless announcement I mean we all knew a vr was likely

Not pointless at all. Its now confirmed. Let the rumour mills generate a gazillion mock ups and speculate on the VR kit without any firm details.

Marketing 101 from Sony. Make an announcement with very little detail and let fans and the gaming press run with it.

Chances are we won't see this till 2023 at about the time of the PS5's mid life slump. Handy that, don't you think?

Soldato
Not pointless at all. Its now confirmed. Let the rumour mills generate a gazillion mock ups and speculate on the VR kit without any firm details.

Marketing 101 from Sony. Make an announcement with very little detail and let fans and the gaming press run with it.

Chances are we won't see this till 2023 at about the time of the PS5's mid life slump. Handy that, don't you think?
Certainly don't think there will be a slump as I don't think we will get Sony big hitters until late 2022 early 2023

Plus stock may even be normal by then.

I suppose its cause I dislike announcements that pretty much give us nothing which is what the VR2 was imo.

On a game related note Gran Turismo 7 delayed till 2022

Back
Top Bottom