Pro Cycling Discussion 2021

Soldato
OP
Yeah that looked painful. Whod have thought ganna would win. Yet again. Almeida looking strong again too. Wonder if dqs will back him formally at a gt this year.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
MvdP and Alpecin Fenix on way home from UAE after rona positive already.
And so it begins.....

Yeah it's not going to go away. I can see some big money being spent by all sport to get vaccines. The only people who won't get it are us plebs.

Soldato
It would be a good cover up for a doping scandal. Hahahaha maybe when we get some small Italian teams involved with wildcard invites!

Pog going good at the Uae tour which was always going to happen, but Yates riding better than expecting, making him work for it!

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Can't stand Pog all he seems to do is sit on wheels and do no work.

Teams will crush him soon enough.

Soldato
OP
I think poj is actually a very smart rider, knows exactly when to dig and reads races very well. Got caught out last year at tdf in the wind but attacked when he was strong and sat when he realised there was no point. Same at vuelta year before and same yesterday. Looked like he was riding within himself and smartly to win the stage.

That and he hasn't got a team who can be there for him means he has to be clever to win, he's not really doing much different than a sky or jumbo train just the guys in front of him aren't his teammates.

Soldato
That's how I'd race so can't criticise him, racing is about conserving energy and being in the right position to use the least amount of energy to stay with the race.

I've sat in bunches with a big diesel engine on the front constantly burning himself out, once he fades that's when the race starts.

Soldato
OP
Told you! Gotta have faith, probably came down to the sponsors telling the organisers stop messing around we need to get on TV and we've sponsored the event based upon you being on the biggest cycling broadcaster in europe.

Soldato
OP
HAHA just looking at the Giro stages - stage 16 212km, 5700m of climbing...Absolute killer! Wonder how many sprinters will be left after that day.

Soldato
Odd wanted to record the cycling this weekend and on my box it doesn’t list Omloop at all but on Sunday it says it’s playing KBK, I thought it was the other way round. I thought they got Omloop but not KBK?

Soldato
OP
All petered out to nothing in the end! With the crash seemingly knocking a number of the sprinters out of position and too far back. Good race up. Until 20k to go, alaphilippe is a monster. Hope the wind whips up a bit for kbk.

Soldato
I must be the only one wanting the big boys to crush him then! :o

With the fair weather and shorter distance not much to separate people today.

GVA leaving the warmers on, a nice training ride for him to get tuned up for Flanders and Roubaix.

Looking at historical results from 19/20 a big win for Ballerini really, sure he has form this season but he won that sprint by an absolute mile. Okay Sep Van isn’t exactly a sprinter, and Kristoff got taken out (plus not hard enough race for him), but you can only race whose there against you, DQS backed him and it paid off.

Back
Top Bottom