Just been given my 1st Section 59 For Going over 3k revs?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Reading the sensible replies from @Peerzy and @hurfdurf (hello by the way; you guys should post in here again more often!), I just realised OP did this in front of a marked police car. Probably not the smartest thing to do :o

Soldato
Reading the sensible replies from @Peerzy and @hurfdurf (hello by the way; you guys should post in here again more often!), I just realised OP did this in front of a marked police car. Probably not the smartest thing to do :o

Ive moved on to much better pastures for my pro posting career, along side a lot of the older pro posters, but there’s no denying, for non circle jerk chav car chat, this motors section is hard to beat uk wise.

Soldato

I'm still a daily lurker but work, renovating a house and 2 little ones tend to keep me busy!

Soldato
might add my input,

first off i drive a type r with a k+n intake and hks exhaust, (loud)

something similar happened to me, the difference is i was being a knob (admittedly) exiting a roundabout in fist gear, topped out at 40mph (speed limit) passed the fuzzies on the opposite side of the road, they followed me to work.
similar story, claimed i was speeding at 55mph, i explained 1st gear takes me to 40mph, i would have to be in second gear which takes me to 60mph. he instantly dismissed that and asked me ALL the questions, where's the car kept, address, registered keeper, tax, valid mot, when did i buy the car ect, then they asked me about mods, of course i told them what i had on the car. and they failed to find anything on me, however i was polite and calm, took them seriously. the threatened me with anti social behaviour, of which i apologised and they let me on my way.

if you buy a loud fast car, expect that you will be looked at more, you pay to play.

being a bus driver, driving 50+ hours a week on the road, i see 1 in 10 cars average that are fast or "modified" and most of them drive like knobs. although in my area in Guildford, i see a lot of civic ep3's and they're obnoxiously loud doing 60mph+ on 30mph roads.

loud cars attract attentions, i rarely see amg 45's on the road, so if the police were to see you accelerating in the manner i did, they should rightly pull you over, regardless of the speed limit.

i see it the other day, I'm stopped at a narrow "T" junction in a double decker bus, cars parked on the left hand side, i had to take the opposite lane to get round this sharp corner, there are 2 cars on the left of the "T" junction indicating to come into the junction, and a car coming down the hill from the right of the "T" junction. this white estate Mercedes overtakes the indicating cars almost hits the oncoming traffic and then almost crashes into my bus, he claimed he didn't see the indicating cars. the real reason was because he was driving like a knob, and almost cause thousands of pounds of damage.

moral of the story is speed kills. i *own a type r, know your limits.

edited to correct my typos.*

You passed the attitude test. If you had been cocky or just argumentative you would have had a different outcome.

The issue is people can argue about the way they have been driving until you are blue in the face.

If you have been driving like that with a cop nearby how is your driving on country roads or when there are no police around? It just takes a simple mistake and carnage can happen with many fatals.

If people had to deal with this, even having to make the dreaded door knock to tell loved ones that their son or daughter has died they would understand why these things are in place to make drivers think twice about the way they drive.

Soldato
As I was dangerous undertaken by an a35 the other night, I suspect I know how the op was driving, as these mercs tend to attract the 'door handles' people of the world:D.

Soldato
He'll (t)roll back in here again at some point, mention his tracksuit a bit and leave.

lol. He did exactly this in the watches thread :rolleyes:

During my early driving career, the terms ‘heavy handed’ and ‘dishonest’ would sum up my experience with the police. My friends and I drove loud, modified hot hatches with expensive stereos etc. Looking back, I don’t think we could have tried harder to paint targets on our backs.

We used to complain about being picked on, that we weren’t breaking the law etc. thinking that gave us the moral vindication to continue whatever we were doing. In reality we were just making it easy for the police, to harass us and to lump us in with all the actual scumbags breaking the law.

Luckily I grew up and became an anonymous road user again. I still don’t trust the police much, but I certainly don’t get any heat these days. I don’t go looking for it either, by driving like a twonk.

Dry your eyes op. Rightly or wrongly, if the police have made you think twice about your behaviour, then they have done their duty in this instance.

Associate
OP
I notice OP hasn’t come back :p
He never does, standard practice. Probably thinking about lining his car with velour or something.
I am here, just had a busy few days. Have read through all the posts and appreciate them. I will take away some of the advice from this thread. Thanks all

He'll (t)roll back in here again at some point, mention his tracksuit a bit and leave.
Not sure which part is meant to be a troll exactly lol?

lol. He did exactly this in the watches thread :rolleyes:
Stating a gold daydate 36 worn with a tracksuit is a good combo is a troll? I don't see how. Do you expect me to walk around in a tuxedo to wear that watch?
The rest of your post has valid points

Thanks everyone once again.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lol I appreciate all the humour in this thread, but does anyone actually have a serious response? Is it worth me liaising with a solicitor or would I be wasting my time?

Yeah, forget about a solicitor.

Just call in on 101 and explain the situation. It'll likely be logged as a complaint against police and you'll get a call from the duty Insp. The best way of dealing with this is not to be a ****. Explain that you're a XX year old guy (assuming you're not in your twenties) who has never had any interaction with the Police before and that you're not criticising the officer who pulled you over as he was just doing his job, but perhaps the noise of the car has skewed his view on how fast and aggressive it was. Explain that you got up to speed on a dual carriageway and the car is loud from the factory. You weren't doing donuts in a Tesco carpark, you weren't showing off to anyone, you weren't needlessly revving your engine and you weren't doing anything careless. Explain that you can see why the officer may have thought this but that you were under the impression that a S59 should only be given where careless driving and driving which will have caused alarm or distress to people can be shown - neither of which apply here. Request that the S59 is cancelled and that you will remember in future that the car is fairly loud (albeit completely factory standard) and the impression that may give off, but that you are honestly a law abiding citizen who's never had any interaction with the fedz.

Yes I was wearing a tracksuit. No hoodie.

For whatever the officer may have done wrong, nothing he did can beat the habitual wearing of a tracksuit. You've got to wear that one. Literally and figuratively.

Police should not be aloud to give out section 59’s but as I’ve never been pulled over in any of my cars which are all factory loud and some modded with exhaust so louder again but I’ve never had an issue from the police.

They absolutely should be allowed to give out S59's as they are a fantastic power to have to combat antisocial driving. Up and down the country there are knob head 17 year olds with their 1.2 Corsa's with exhausts so loud that rattle your windows thinking they look cool. They must be educated that their cars sound like utter turd and **** people off.

However, let's assume for one second the OP is telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth - it should not be used in this circumstance. The spirit of a S59 is there to stop antisocial driving including burn outs, donuts, drifting around roundabouts, revving cars needlessly etc etc. It's not there to police how quickly you can pull off from the lights. That doesn't mean that if you use launch control from the lights and accelerate up to 70mph with a police car behind you, that you won't get pulled because of course you will, but assuming you weren't wildly fishtailing up the road as you bounced off the limiter - you are likely to just get a "slow down, don't be a ****" talking to.

Haha I had that once before where he went around my whole car checking tyres. (I had recently had brand new Goodyear eagles put on) I pointed out to him that my car is known for its rear bushes going and causing wear on the inside tyres. You better check the rear tyres and not the fronts. He said thanks and proceeded to get on his hands an knees and check the rears. At least I got his trousers dirty :p

In fairness, I think members of the public think that the officer is trying to get them for anything when they check their tyres. I check the tyres of pretty much everyone I pull over, just because the number of people you find with absolutely shocking tyres with cord showing. For me, this is a much bigger safety issue than getting someone speeding on a dual carriageway/motorway in clear conditions.

Back
Top Bottom