Easy duplicate photo hunting.

Associate
I'm lost and perplexed by the results of searching for a (preferably free) duplicate photos finder which is easy and simple to get my head around, allows bulk rather than individual deletion and has online tutorials.
This new territory for me so 'tis quite possible I'm using incorrect terminology.
Any ideas/ suggestions/advice gratefully accepted.

Associate
OP
Hello Donnie Fisher
Thanks for that link. There obviously a lot that I don't know, as regards terminology and what's possible.
I've so many photos accrued from backs, RAID & back-ups, upgraded HDDs and then all copied/backed-up yet again! Worst case so far is 21 copies of the same tree :mad:
I've experimented using the Duplicate Finder in CCleaner. In a few thousand more images I might have a better idea but the inability to actually see the pic is daunting, plus the individual sifting/selecting the ones for disposal rather slows the process. I think it has caught some resized/ cropped files but cannot be sure. Searching by tags hasn't been too successful. Inverted/ sideways images are corrected for orientation whilst still in the cameras so I don't have that problem. (Ever the optimist!).
Thanks again for your response.

Back
Top Bottom