Realtek Distortion Z490

Associate
Not having much luck with my build it seems. ROG strix Z490-F. I keep having issues using Realtek Audio (not optical) in that every now and again (maybe even with a day's gap) the sound starts to distort without me changing anything. Here is a video of the sound during one of these episodes.
https://youtu.be/W7b83a-WNRs
I've already done the usual stuff such as making sure there are no audio enhancements on. Changing the audio quality rate does nothing to fix the distortion. Rebooting doesn't even fix it. Updated to latest BIOS which is 2004. Got latest Realtek driver from ASUS. It's definitely not my speakers because plugging my headphones into the sound output also shows the same issue. This happens also using Realtek via the headphone socket on front of case.
The Intel video audio works perfectly and if I switch to it during a distortion episode it is perfect.
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for the distortion to come on or for it to clear. Sometimes it clears in a few seconds. Sometimes much longer.
Turning the volume down does not fix the distortion. Disabling and re enabling Realtek Audio does not fix it. LatencyMon finds no issues during distortion episode.
Any ideas? Anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:
Soldato
Not having much luck with my build it seems. ROG strix Z490-F. I keep having issues using Realtek Audio (not optical) in that every now and again (maybe even with a day's gap) the sound starts to distort without me changing anything. Here is a video of the sound during one of these episodes.
https://youtu.be/W7b83a-WNRs
I've already done the usual stuff such as making sure there are no audio enhancements on. Changing the audio quality rate does nothing to fix the distortion. Rebooting doesn't even fix it. Updated to latest BIOS which is 2004. Got latest Realtek driver from ASUS. It's definitely not my speakers because plugging my headphones into the sound output also shows the same issue. This happens also using Realtek via the headphone socket on front of case.
The Intel video audio works perfectly and if I switch to it during a distortion episode it is perfect.
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for the distortion to come on or for it to clear. Sometimes it clears in a few seconds. Sometimes much longer.
Turning the volume down does not fix the distortion. Disabling and re enabling Realtek Audio does not fix it. LatencyMon finds no issues during distortion episode.
Any ideas? Anyone else having this issue?
I read something a out this the other day it seems some people are having issues with realtek drivers when useing win 10 20h2

Back
Top Bottom