Actors I am amazed that get jobs...

Soldato
Anthony Mackie.

Altered Carbon season 1 was fantastic, then Mackie came along and utterly ruined the show for me. It isn't just AC either, he's horrible in absolutely everything I've seen him in.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
OP
Anthony Mackie.

Altered Carbon season 1 was fantastic, then Mackie came along and utterly ruined the show for me. It isn't just AC either, he's horrible in absolutely everything I've seen him in.

Agreed, he killed it. Season 1 was awesome.

Soldato
Probably more a case of decent actors in poor roles, which is quite common.

Sometimes it’s down to just having parts in **** films because they made their name in a decent film and it’ll help to sell.

Marky Mark has done some good work in Boogie Nights and The Departed, which sells him easily into a load of crap. Same for Jesse with Zombieland and The Social Network, but with him he has a quirkiness, which is also a selling point.

Sometimes it’s just a case of being poorly directed, like when you watch a scene and think “how did the director give that cut the okay?!” knowing the actor can do far better as you’ve seen evidence in other titles.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Mark Wahlberg I find very hit and miss - there are some roles he fits well but doesn't seem like an actor that makes much effort sometimes - along the lines of what Yaayuh! said probably the synergy between actor and director in some cases.

Altered Carbon season 1 was fantastic, then Mackie came along and utterly ruined the show for me.

Season 2 wasn't great overall IMO - only a few things like Poe kept it from being an utter dismal flop and it didn't help that Mackie brought nothing to the season really but even an incredible actor wouldn't have saved it from being meh.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anthony Mackie.

Agreed, he is trash in everything I’ve seen him in. The personality and acting ability of a brick.

I concur on Martin Freeman other than Fargo series 1 but he just plays himself in everything, hobbit feet or otherwise.

Julianne Moore is awful too.

Soldato
Dane dehaan but then he hasn't been in much, since his horrible portrayal of the green goblin in Spiderman2, he's only managed a lead with a pointless models first attempt at acting.

Channing Tatum, but then I guess he fills a gap I'm not interested in. The first attempt at being anything other than a lady seat filler at the cinema was Jupiter Ascending, might be giving him a bad rap as the problem in a terrible film but he was pretty crap.
Which leads me to my most hated current actor.

Eddie Redmayne
I'm not sure if he's is autistic, or his ability to act is that of someone who's struggles with social interaction but he is by far the worst actor I have every encountered. His mannerisms are so bizzare and wooden that I think if you cut him out of each film and stuck other scenes in another you wouldn't notice.
Just awful.

Back
Top Bottom