The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Commissario
OP
FMP you can luckily watch in relatively short bits, IIRC season 1 is 24 episodes in about 3 arcs with a couple of standalone episodes, season 2 is purely comedy and 13 episodes you can more or less watch any time, seas 3 is 13 episodes and a single serious arc, 4 is 12 episodes (with a recap one) and one serious arc, so you can potentially watch each season weeks/months apart fairly easily.

I keep seeing about My Next Life, so I'm going to add that to the *roll of ominous thunder and crack of lighting* List ;) I'm trying to actually watch a bit more anime this year to clear it a bit, as even just the stuff I've got on my physical collection is quite a lot, let alone the netflix, prime and crunchyroll watch lists ;)

I'm also going to watch I'm a Spider at some point, as I enjoyed the light novels and the series looks looks like it's got the right vibe.

Last edited:
Soldato
Gotcha, I'll have to swing around to trying out FMP sometime for sure, just same as you got a list! :D

I also like the like of the Spider one looks right up my alley, but sadly it won't finish airing until June 18th. I'm definitely a fan of waiting for all of the episodes to be out more or less, so I'll probably wait until nearer them to start it, got plenty on the go! :)

I watch stuff the other way around, I'll download them to try, if I like them then I'll buy physically if possible. Works pretty well so far, and a lot of the physical releases here are probably dubbed, so I'd be changing the default audio track and sub tracks on each episode, I prefer to get digitally so I can bulk remove the English audio and set sub track as default.

My anime shelf is 1 bluray away from being a full shelf now, I estimate I've spent about £650-£700 since November 2020.

Speaking of, my RE:Zero Season 1 has shipped from ATA! I am probably going to get the CE of season 2 Konosuba as mentioned before, although still sad I can't get CE of season 1 for that so easily.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm rarely won over by shounen stuff that much nowadays, but Jujutsu Kaisen is really good and I've been thoroughly enjoying it.

Yeah seen a lot of good things said about it, as a shonen though I suppose it could be a long way away from any kind of completion.

I will probably start watching it close to the end of the current episodes being shown so I can watch them without waiting for new ones.

Soldato
I'm going to bring forward my intention to watch Princess Principal a bit, the CE for it looks really good but I don't want to put down £40 for it unless I like the show. Looks really interesting though, pretty sure I'll like it :)

Commissario
OP
I finished off "Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon" season 2 yesterday which was very good, they managed to fit 3 story arcs into the series:) I'm looking forward to season 3 now.

I'm going to start on the "Promised Neverland" today with a little luck.

Soldato
Time for an end of week update. I am going to try and stick to 4 concurrent things going forwards if I can, think it's a good sweet spot.

Finished:
  • Assassination Classroom - I finished this, I really liked the way it ended. I appreciated that it's got a solid start > middle > end and no need to wait for an unannounced season to show up. Gets a recommend from me :)
  • New Game! - I'd watch a season 3 if they decide to make one. No news on it so far though. On the whole pretty solid!
  • Re-CREATORS - This show had some ups and downs, but the premise was interesting, and in my opinion they nailed the ending of the season. I definitely recommend this to anyone to watch at least once. OST is fantastic as well, and the characters were really good.
  • Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunnygirl Senpai - Based on the name I thought this would be more fanservice-y. To be honest it wasn't at all like that, and I am also pleased to say it was a great watch and worth a go if you like mystery. I liked how they portrayed the stories, people acting like people not tropes etc. If you enjoy a more serious show this is one of them.
Continuing:
  • My Hero Academia - Delayed season 4 start a bit until I clear some other stuff off the list (on hold).
  • Trigun - Finishing this week probably, up to episode 19. I like it but also it's a product of it's era, and comes with all of the flaws that entails.
  • Guilty Crown - Recommended by a friend. I'm enjoying it so far, but I think it falls back on fanservice a bit too much possibly. It's got a very Code Geass feel to me so far, but with better animation quality. Just finished episode 7.
  • Princess Principal - This has been quite fun so far and I am keen to see where it goes next, only a few episodes in though so don't want to comment too much yet.
  • Garden of Sinners - This is one I've been meaning to watch for a while. Only seen first 2 episodes but they are like mini-films with approx~ 60 min runtimes. I'm liking them so far, but so much stuff needs answers, apparently does not make sense until you watch them all. ufotable artwork even from this far back is still very good.
  • In Another World with my Smartphone - Frankly this is generic isekai trash, I'm on episode 5 and he has a harem of 4 girls already. I'd not recommend this one unless you want to shut your brain off, but I will watch it anyway as it's not offensive, just not that good either. I think it's the worst isekai I've seen so far.
Planning to watch (short list - roughly in order probably. Bold = starting imminently):
  • Problem Children Are Coming from Another World, Aren't They! (after Smartphone)
  • A Place Further Than the Universe
  • School-Live!
  • From the New World
  • Great Pretender
  • Akame ga Kill!
  • Jormungand
  • Psycho Pass
  • Jujutsu Kaisen
  • Hyouka

Associate
  • In Another World with my Smartphone - Frankly this is generic isekai trash, I'm on episode 5 and he has a harem of 4 girls already. I'd not recommend this one unless you want to shut your brain off, but I will watch it anyway as it's not offensive, just not that good either. I think it's the worst isekai I've seen so far.

I'm an absolute sucker for isekai but even for me that one was absolute trash... but there are others just as bad, isekai cheat magicians springs to mind (but only because it gives away how terrible it is in the title)... the rest I've thankfully cast from my mind I think.

Soldato
One that's on my PTW list actually, from what I understand only the first season is worth watching, the rest of the anime is a bit meh.
Tbf the last anime I watched to end was Naruto and Naruto Shipuuden

Before that was DBZ, I watched most of black lagoon too but not all of it.

Bleach I didn't watch to end as I stopped then lost where I was :(

Back
Top Bottom