Coming 2 America - Out Now

Soldato
That actually looks pretty good, so I’m looking forward to it. Love catching the original when it’s on late at night on some obscure ITV channel :D They manage led to get all of the original cast too, very fortunate considering how much time has passed!

Soldato
It's great that they've got the original cast back together as it's possible the last chance to do so but I just can't stand Leslie Jones so I hope she's not in it as much as the trailer makes out.

Associate
That trailer is legit not bad, I think this could be good, definitely liking Snipes hamming it up as the bad guy. Murphy and Hall still look young enough too.

Only downside is that Mr Soul Glo Eric La Salle refused to take part in the sequel.

Soldato
@MoRT489 @ianh

Quick off topic post just to let you both know your sigs not working. :).

Cheers, mine is self hosted on a http rather than a https and the lack of the "s" throws my site for a wobble if using chrome, but when I updated my site to https (with an in-date cert) it caused all manor of false-positives for "this is a potentially dangerous website" and such nonsense.

I could just use Imgur I suppose but that requires effort and I am supremely lazy when it comes to IT :D

Sod it, it's on imgur now!

Caporegime
My initial reaction to hearing about this is the story seems to **** on the original, the whole point of the first one was he was looking for love not for casual sex.

Soldato
Just googled the date when the first one was released 1988
So guessing i was either 18 or 19 when i watched the first one :o

I loved his Beverly Hills Cop movies back in the 80's :)

Associate
My initial reaction to hearing about this is the story seems to **** on the original, the whole point of the first one was he was looking for love not for casual sex.

Yeah, I thought this a little as well, in the original his father was under the impression he was off to "sow his royal oats" (think that was the line), but the story was generally that he was going to find his queen, so not sure how they are going to explain this one away.

Still gonna watch it though, the original is a classic.

Soldato
I don't understand it. First I thought James Earl Jones was dead.

Secondly, how does Akeem magically have a kid in the states? In CTA1 we see him leave and get married in Zamunda. At no point is he running around banging random chicks in the States. In fact he was unimpressed with them all other than Lisa.

Thirdly, how are the old dues in the barber shop still alive? There characters must be in the 100s now.

Soldato
OP
I don't understand it. First I thought James Earl Jones was dead.

Secondly, how does Akeem magically have a kid in the states? In CTA1 we see him leave and get married in Zamunda. At no point is he running around banging random chicks in the States. In fact he was unimpressed with them all other than Lisa.

Thirdly, how are the old dues in the barber shop still alive? There characters must be in the 100s now.

All good questions, i guess we will have to watch and see if they reveal how and why. But i do remember one thing, the dad said dont you have sex with your bathers, i know i do. Soo he might have looked for love but he coulda fooled around off camera so to speak? He did go to bars etc, maybe one night stands to try em out before lisa?

Id laugh if it was a kid from this person... lol
https://youtu.be/9QHVg6eZk7w?t=115

Caporegime
Nah but seriously unless it gets absolutely rave reviews I'll probably boycott it like all the other trash modern remakes/sequals being released in the last few years, hoping the title alone will carry them.

Back
Top Bottom