Energy Suppliers

Caporegime
Thanks guys, may go for them then unless anyone has other suggestions for suppliers?!

Always go with the cheapest option.

The market is heavily regulated and it's easy to sort out any issues with the governing body.

I've never had any issues bar a company taking their sweet time to update the UK database with my readings for a switch so I could be billed correctly.

It just took a few weeks longer than normal so not a huge issue.

You can get poor service from any company including the big ones so it just seems smart to go for the cheapest option.

Soldato
There was talk of average bills going up this year, have those supposed price increases trickled in yet? My deal with Avro runs until July/August, having a quick look at comparison sites the cheapest replacement for me right now is about £10/month more on average as well.

Soldato
It's that time of year again and I'm looking to switch deals. Cheapest deals are looking £10 extra p/m this year.
Mine's gone up by a tenner or so as well. I'm on those comparison thingies that let you know when something cheaper appears, and I'm on the cheapest deal, have been since November unfortunately :(

Soldato
Any of you have experience with Avro Energy? They're currently coming up cheapest on MSE Energy Club for me but I've not heard much about them.
I was with them year before last, am back with them now because they are cheapest and have no exit fees on the contract I'm on. The two biggest gripes I have are:

a) They're not smart meter enabled.
b) Their website brand colours are hideous. The green burns my soul.

Other than that, not much to comment on. They've responded to my emails when necessary, and not taken too long about it.

Commissario
I was with them year before last, am back with them now because they are cheapest and have no exit fees on the contract I'm on. The two biggest gripes I have are:

a) They're not smart meter enabled.
b) Their website brand colours are hideous. The green burns my soul.

Other than that, not much to comment on. They've responded to my emails when necessary, and not taken too long about it.
No issues there, I don't use a smart meter and I can ignore badly designed websites if it's cheaper!

Soldato
The website isn't that bad, in fact it's a lot better than when I signed up a year ago. Just login once a month to upload meter readings.

The previous meter readings and bills are all easily visible and show history, so on that front much better than when I was with EON.

Soldato
Based on my yearly usage stats (5000 kwh electric, 6000 kwh gas) this one is coming out cheapest for me if I was to renew now:

Pure Planet
100% Green 12m Fixed Feb21 v1

Gas
Unit rate 3.257p per kWh
Standing charge 21.929p per day

Electric
Unit rate 15.659p per kWh
Standing charge 21.929p per day

But these prices suck a bit compared to my existing prices tbh.

Even with the £26 dual fuel credit and the £25 cashback that would cost me about £60 more for the year. Not terrible, but the energy prices just stack up year on year.

Avro
Tariff: Simple and SuperGlow

Gas
Unit rate 2.405p per kWh
Standing charge 15.750p per day

Electric
Unit rate 13.650p per kWh
Standing charge 15.750p per day

So Energy So Carrot Essential v2 - Green tariff is showing as more expensive to me than the Pure Planet one above, presumably as I use a fair bit of electric, and the electric unit costs are higher still.

Caporegime
I've gone with So Energy, after the latest MSE weekly email - came out cheapest, renewable and good CS rating :)
I realised after reading the last few pages, So Energy didn't send me a meter reading reminder in December so I haven't submitted one since September. They've just sent me my yearly renewal quote and have increased it by 33%. They estimated my electricity usage went up 50% from September to February compared to the previous 3 years :o

Man of Honour
I know my gas usuage has increased by a hell of a lot this Winter so far due to the cold weather. It has been so cold here that the central heating has been working ovetime and we have used the most gas since Winter 2016. January alone we used 438 kwh more gas than last January. I am dreading my next switch in June.

Soldato
The website isn't that bad, in fact it's a lot better than when I signed up a year ago. Just login once a month to upload meter readings.

The previous meter readings and bills are all easily visible and show history, so on that front much better than when I was with EON.
After I said no major problems, I gave my meter readings, website was broke, wouldn't accept 'em. I logged a support ticket, and their support team logged them for me. For next month, by accident. Another support ticket to fix that, and eventually they had my meter readings :D

Peoples Energy was a nause when I first started using them, because I had to EMAIL them my meter readings. The internet's been a thing since the 90s. wtf.

Soldato
Does anyone have a So Energy Referral thinking of switching to them.

Does anyone recommend Avro Energy ? I could save a bit more with them but I just get put off by them for some reason.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom