• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Would you sell a GPU on ebay now?

Associate
Got shafted years ago with a Radeon 9800 Pro I sold, was working perfectly.

Like an idiot I never took serial numbers, so I suspect I got their broken one back.

So definitely not.

Associate
well im getting close to 1k posts. untill then , i just managed a nice deal for my personal use, by personal mesage. like this place.

Ebay i do use but only for a small amounts. Anything above 100£ and i think twice before posting.

Associate
Just sold my 5700xt on there before seeing this. Buyer has left good feedback already though and paypal has released the hold on my funds so hopefully be alright

Associate
I recently sold my old GTX 1070 (for £300) and other old PC components on eBay without any problems. I have also sold my previous GPUs on there before. However, after reading this I’ll certainly be more cautious in the future. I’d never considered FB marketplace.

Man of Honour
Yes, no problem. As long as you stick to the guidelines and have good quality photo's in the listing you should be covered. I sold my previous card on there and got almost double what I would have got for it in our MM. It was a sell for a pound promotion as well. The buyer was a newbie with no feedback but everything went perfectly.

Associate
Yes, no problem. As long as you stick to the guidelines and have good quality photo's in the listing you should be covered. I sold my previous card on there and got almost double what I would have got for it in our MM. It was a sell for a pound promotion as well. The buyer was a newbie with no feedback but everything went perfectly.

Even when following the guidelines it feels to easy to get scammed by the buyer, especially with computer components. Just doesn't seem worth the potential hassle.

Caporegime
Nope, could have sold my Vega 56 there for 350+ easily recently but went with selling it here for 220 instead, you can't put a price on peace of mind!

Associate
That’s a good point, they do periodically offer maximum £1 sellers fee promotions. I also make sure I photograph the s/n of any component I sell, just in case.

Associate
OP

Wouldn't risk it, especially selling to somebody without feedback.

Associate
I sell on eBay, I have never had a problem with someone with zero feedback. In fact it's the people with a ton of feedback who know how to game the system the best.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom