LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Associate
Ive seen more price drops for the LG CX 65in on LG website; is it worth trying to pick one up or wait for the 2021 models to get to shops? I know the obvious answer is dont keep waiting as new stuff comes out every year, but im really after a new tv by end of year, for watching freeview tv, streaming and 4k discs, all tv shows or films, no sport. Possibly some nintendo switch gaming, v unlikely to get a ps5 or xbox blah, whatever the current model is

Soldato
Ive seen more price drops for the LG CX 65in on LG website; is it worth trying to pick one up or wait for the 2021 models to get to shops? I know the obvious answer is dont keep waiting as new stuff comes out every year, but im really after a new tv by end of year, for watching freeview tv, streaming and 4k discs, all tv shows or films, no sport. Possibly some nintendo switch gaming, v unlikely to get a ps5 or xbox blah, whatever the current model is
Well the 2020 LGs only have a couple of the TV streaming apps so if it sways you, I'd wait for the full suite of Freeview Play ones in 2021 models.

You may not find as good of a deal if you want to buy right after release, but you never know. I think 2021 models are pretty imminent.

Soldato
Well the 2020 LGs only have a couple of the TV streaming apps so if it sways you, I'd wait for the full suite of Freeview Play ones in 2021 models.

You may not find as good of a deal if you want to buy right after release, but you never know. I think 2021 models are pretty imminent.

LG have said all the remaining apps/freeview play are still coming for the 2020 sets.

Caporegime
Well, I got the LC 65 CX installed today. My heart was in my mouth as me and my neighbour handled the set and laid it down to mount the stand. Then we put it back up and on the AV bench and I realised I had forgot the front part of the stand so we had to lay it down again. Honestly, it felt like it was going to break at any moment, ugh. The TV still seems to wobble a bit on the stand now that it's on my AV bench, but it is stable.

The HDMI port locations are annoying... I wish they were all on the back instead of mostly at the side. It shows some cables so I need to try and tidy them up more. Otherwise, setup was pretty easy and I calibrated it as per RTings.com.

But the picture quality... oh god that quality quality... I have been watching some Snowpiercer on Netflix and it is honestly better than a damn cinema screen, it blows away my old but respectable Samsung Q7FN in every meaningful way. In fact, it feels bigger somehow and confirms for me that 65" is also the perfect size for my room... the 77" would have been too big at my viewing distance, especially for gaming. Speaking of gaming, I will try that later this week.

So far after a few hours use I am pretty blown away, especially considering the price I paid. It is a phenomenal TV. :D

Caporegime
Sounds perfect!

Indeed, 77 would Have been overkill at that distance.

Congrats @Richdog. Oled Tvs are just plain magic.
Cheers guys and you are right... seing Snowpiercer in HDR and getting the full effect of individual pixels being able to light up brightly kind of blew my mind. There is a scene where there was a kind of gala/ball event going on and seeing the chandeliers light up brightly whiie all of the rest of the scene was completely unaffected by any LED bleed is just something which makes a world of difference. The blacks and shadow detail are incomparable to any LED I have ever owned, hell it kicks the ass of my old plasma when you factor in not only the blacks but also the colour fidelity. It is truly next level image quality.

I have the screensaver kicking in pretty quickly so not worried about burn-in and will just enjoy the TV to the max for the next few years. Next I would like a HDMI 2.1 AV Receiver to replace my trust Denon AVR-X1200 so I will wait for the 2021 models to drop and then likely pick up a 3700x when the prices go down.

Not getting a 77", which was double the price of the 65", means I can put the money saved into kit where I will notice the upgrade more. Good times. :)

Soldato
Well, I got the LC 65 CX installed today. My heart was in my mouth as me and my neighbour handled the set and laid it down to mount the stand. Then we put it back up and on the AV bench and I realised I had forgot the front part of the stand so we had to lay it down again. Honestly, it felt like it was going to break at any moment, ugh. The TV still seems to wobble a bit on the stand now that it's on my AV bench, but it is stable.

The HDMI port locations are annoying... I wish they were all on the back instead of mostly at the side. It shows some cables so I need to try and tidy them up more. Otherwise, setup was pretty easy and I calibrated it as per RTings.com.

But the picture quality... oh god that quality quality... I have been watching some Snowpiercer on Netflix and it is honestly better than a damn cinema screen, it blows away my old but respectable Samsung Q7FN in every meaningful way. In fact, it feels bigger somehow and confirms for me that 65" is also the perfect size for my room... the 77" would have been too big at my viewing distance, especially for gaming. Speaking of gaming, I will try that later this week.

So far after a few hours use I am pretty blown away, especially considering the price I paid. It is a phenomenal TV. :D

Nice, I love mine, I have the measly 55":(:D.

When you say it wobbles do you mean the stand wobbles or just the screen moves a little, my stand doesn't wobble but when i'm cleaning the screen it can move a bit due how thin the screen is.

Over time you should notice the PQ improve even more.

Caporegime
Nice, I love mine, I have the measly 55":(:D.

When you say it wobbles do you mean the stand wobbles or just the screen moves a little, my stand doesn't wobble but when i'm cleaning the screen it can move a bit due how thin the screen is.

Over time you should notice the PQ improve even more.
When I say it wobbles I just mean that when I wiggle the screen there seems to be a bit of give in the base even though I did screw them pretty tightly until the cutoff (electric screwdriver).

The 55" can now be had for £780 new in stores in the country I live... they are clearing out stock to make way for the 2021 models. :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
I thinking of pulling the trigger on the 55" today. Is there anything you know now, you wish you knew before you purchased it? This will be my first OLED coming from an eleven year old 40" Samsung.

Soldato
I thinking of pulling the trigger on the 55" today. Is there anything you know now, you wish you knew before you purchased it? This will be my first OLED coming from an eleven year old 40" Samsung.
"You should really get a 20 series card or better" :D

... I still haven't upgraded from my 1070 though sadly

Caporegime

Not sure where to put this but seems like the new 42” panels will be cheaper than the 55”. Rumours are around $1000 or thereabouts, and there is a rumour that even a 31” screen will be released.
If so then I’m definitely going to wait before I nab an OLED for my series x.

Caporegime

Not sure where to put this but seems like the new 42” panels will be cheaper than the 55”. Rumours are around $1000 or thereabouts, and there is a rumour that even a 31” screen will be released.
If so then I’m definitely going to wait before I nab an OLED for my series x.

Wow 42" and maybe even a 31"... OLED's are finally (but slowly) moving towards being a viable size for a PC desk. Good times.

Very glad I didn't buy a 48".

Back
Top Bottom