Coca Cola : "Be less white"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Who is doing the attacking on the West? What are you suggesting?
I would tell you but I don't want my life to end just yet

Yes, silence is consent, or some crap like that.
"Silence is violence" is the phrase. If they used "silence is consent" I'd ask them to say that to the judge when they get done for a bit of the old molestation

Soldato
It's not the companies fault. In a capitalist world, they have to keep their image clean, and as discussed above they are losers all round if they don't go along with it.

So Coca Cola employees should just turn up for work late?

No. This sort of post is exactly the sort of push back we don't want in society, it creates a space for attacking groups based on stereotypes in retaliation. That's why when @Lopéz says it's setup for a massive clash I tend to agree.

Capodecina
Soldato
It's not the companies fault. In a capitalist world, they have to keep their image clean, and as discussed above they are losers all round if they don't go along with it.

Exactly, I've thought for a while that all these companies supporting BLM or changing their logos to rainbow flags probably don't care, but they have to be seen to be doing it, because not doing it means they look complicit as an anti-movement. Also they may somehow get more money from it. Somehow. I don't know how.

So Coca Cola employees should just turn up for work late?

I don't know if black people turn up for work late more than white people. I haven't seen that. They definitely love chicken though - and that is true, no matter what anyone says. So maybe white people should eat more chicken? :p

Associate
Exactly, I've thought for a while that all these companies supporting BLM or changing their logos to rainbow flags probably don't care

They definitely love chicken though - and that is true, no matter what anyone says.
They definitely don't care. You only have to look at how they display the same content in different countries.
Removing the black characters from promo posters for Star Wars in China, removing the same sex couple from a car ad (forget which manufacturer) in Poland, etc

In regards to the second part I quoted that's probably one of the most accurate stereotypes. Used to work with a Caribbean guy who ate jerk chicken every 3 days

Soldato
No. This sort of post is exactly the sort of push back we don't want in society, it creates a space for attacking groups based on stereotypes in retaliation. That's why when @Lopéz says it's setup for a massive clash I tend to agree.

I was being flippant don't worry. I just remember some lunatic claiming time keeping was part of white culture/supremacy. I just can't keep up with the madness these days.

Associate
I was being flippant don't worry. I just remember some lunatic claiming time keeping was part of white culture/supremacy. I just can't keep up with the madness these days.
Some of the things I've seen cited as being white supremacist acts are absurd
A popular one is "worship of the written word". Apparently valuing information that can be stored and referenced is demeaning to cultures where the spoken word is the preferred method of data transfer

Soldato
A popular one is "worship of the written word". Apparently valuing information that can be stored and referenced is demeaning to cultures where the spoken word is the preferred method of data transfer
Along with the scientific method too. It seems some people have taken it upon themselves to discard anything useful if it wasn't created by the right group.

Soldato
All I read there was "Buy less Coca-Cola".
Good advice generally.

The crappy film Invention of Lying covered this quite well - "it is just brown sugar water!". Mugs drink. No nutritional merits, destroys your teeth and loaded with chemicals. Easiest part of a diet to enact.

Soldato
Maths being a product of white supremacy is my favourite, 2+2=4 is racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom