Corsair H100i RGB - SATA cable replacement

Associate
Hi all,
Does anyone know if it's possible to replace the SATA connector from the AIO Corsair H100i pro RGB?

PmmnnDp

These is the current state of the cable that needs to be replaced and I was wondering if there was any chance to save the cooler, which have been used for less than 100 hours.

Associate
OP
I did contact them.
Unfortunately they have refused to replace the cooler. According to their evaluation the issue was caused by a poor quality molex to SATA used to connect the cooler with the PSU.
The cooler was installed by a local shop, but they also refused to replace the item because I striped the computer while looking for the issue

As it seems, I will probably end up having to buy a new one :(

Associate
Worst case scenario, you could just cut the sata connector off the cable and connect a new one.

If you can't find one, you could cut one out of a sata extension cable or something.

Associate
OP
Worst case scenario, you could just cut the sata connector off the cable and connect a new one.

If you can't find one, you could cut one out of a sata extension cable or something.

Thought about cutting the cable but I'm pretty sure it's the one that feeds power to the pump. Would it work if I remove the copper plate and have a look underneath? I've never tried to do nothing like that and I don't really want to risk a new build just because of the cooler. I need to be sure about what to do, but unfortunately there is not much of information about how to perform this task

Associate
OP
I think I understood now what you mean.
I thought I had to cut the whole cable to replace the connector but it seems like there might be a way to replace the connector without having to remove it from inside the pump. Did I get it right?

Associate
I think I understood now what you mean.
I thought I had to cut the whole cable to replace the connector but it seems like there might be a way to replace the connector without having to remove it from inside the pump. Did I get it right?

Yeah at the very least, you can cut the wires and join them to a new connector sourced from something else - like an extension or something. It wouldn't look pretty, but it would get it working again.

Associate
OP
Yeah at the very least, you can cut the wires and join them to a new connector sourced from something else - like an extension or something. It wouldn't look pretty, but it would get it working again.

Thank you for that info. I really didn't know about it.

Gonna try to cut it and apply a new connector, it's only a 2 pin SATA so it shouldn't be to difficult. Maybe a quick search about how to rewire SATA cables will probably be the best shot before I start to do anything

Associate
Thank you for that info. I really didn't know about it.

Gonna try to cut it and apply a new connector, it's only a 2 pin SATA so it shouldn't be to difficult. Maybe a quick search about how to rewire SATA cables will probably be the best shot before I start to do anything

Yeah, make sure it's done right and that you check and double check it.

You don't want to end up taking out the rest of your components trying to save a £100 cooler.

Back
Top Bottom